Injen Intakes 2012 Civic Si Update - Email & Dyno

Looks like my intake will be delivered today Ups!! I read through the thread and I can't tell if the dyno runs/numbers were with the civic stock other than the intake? Do you know webby?

Looks like my intake will be delivered today Ups!! I read through the thread and I can't tell if the dyno runs/numbers were with the civic stock other than the intake? Do you know webby?
Thanks for asking this question, I'm also curious about the dyno numbers whether it was tested with a stock civic SI, hopefully webby can get us some information on this?

Hi guys I was the one that let Injen used my car for developing the intake. It was so hard to leave my car with them for 5 days, but well worth it. This is actually my first car so I new in car stuff.

My thoughts on this intake: I feel much more incline to shift at higher rpm and of course I vtec much more (so much for saving gas lol).It sounds great. Its like a mixture of the old sound with a throatier sound. Ever since I have this intake I love my car so much more. When I push down the gas pedals halfway (in higher gears. lower is more obvious) you can start to hear the growl. When I want to just hear it in say 6th gear going 65 on the freeway, I can just hit the pedals and satisfy my ears.

Videos:

This is me joyride through rainbow valley in Temecula. Check out at least the first 10 seconds. You can really hear the engine. I didn't even hit vtec.

Pictures:

20120331_133036.jpg

20120331_133017.jpg

411735_10150721384378361_783423360_9334690_17199740_o.jpg

You can see where the intake ends. Its right under the battery. I really don't want to take the battery off (lazy).
20120407_124329_1-1.jpg

Here is a picture of the filter. When I picked up my car Injen told me that they had to make a new filter for this intake. My guess is that because of the size in diameter the intake starts. It starts out 3 3/4 inch and then 3 1/2 inch then 3? I don't remember exactly so don't quote me on this.
20120405_145844.jpg

It was his car ^^

He will need to verify, but I believe stock (as in no hondata reflash/exhaust). I don't see them publishing figures on a modified civic. They're well aware users will surely dyno here. If it yields bad results...it's going to be everywhere online.

He will need to verify, but I believe stock (as in no hondata reflash/exhaust). I don't see them publishing figures on a modified civic. They're well aware users will surely dyno here. If it yields bad results...it's going to be everywhere online.
I totally agree!!! Thank you for the information Webby!!

OK it's official, I just placed my order for the Polished Intake, I'm hoping I would get it by the car meet next Friday so that Eddie can help a brother out :)

most places let you pick it up from the hub till like 8pm or whatever. You'd just need to call

Back