Injen Intakes 2012 Civic Si Update - Email & Dyno

Oh man, I wanted to sleep with the box...lol. I'm stuck at work all day. Looking forward to tomorrow! Thanks webby I didn't know you could pick it up from the hub, you're awesome!

:cheerleader: glad to help. Now it's just a painful waiting game :hyper:

photo(2).JPG

Overall it took me about an hour and a half to install, I removed all of the resonator pieces from behind the driver side front tire too. The factory intake has the car breathing thorough an intricate web of plastic restriction, when I get time I'll post pics of the factory intake setup. Now the car feels great! I'm alot more apt to redline and make it serenade me. It's almost obnoxiously loud...like look at my Si, look at my Si. But all in all I love it! It was a little tricky to install and yes you have to remove the battery and the battery tray to gain access. Well worth the 300 bucks, the "rev hang" doesn't seem to be as apparent as well. Going for a drive through silverado canyon baby!! :bananasplit:

I have to admit that not only Pro Civic's customer service peeps are awesome, but man, they sure processed my order in a flash. I got my baby yesterday and I can't wait to have Eddie Blanco help me install it :pianodance:

Attachments

• IMAG0216.jpg
    IMAG0216.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
View attachment 1758

Overall it took me about an hour and a half to install, I removed all of the resonator pieces from behind the driver side front tire too. The factory intake has the car breathing thorough an intricate web of plastic restriction, when I get time I'll post pics of the factory intake setup. Now the car feels great! I'm alot more apt to redline and make it serenade me. It's almost obnoxiously loud...like look at my Si, look at my Si. But all in all I love it! It was a little tricky to install and yes you have to remove the battery and the battery tray to gain access. Well worth the 300 bucks, the "rev hang" doesn't seem to be as apparent as well. Going for a drive through silverado canyon baby!! :bananasplit:
Nice job man!!! I just called you and left you a voicemail LOL I'm sure you can't hear your phone from the loudness of excitement :)

glad to hear you're enjoying it.... how's the butt dyno feel?

Butt dyno said close to 12hp like the dyno. Then I put on the Injen sticker and it was close to 25hp lol. I gotta get some 9th gen stickers webby!!

Just finished installing mine (arrived today). Removing the battery tray was a real PITA. The bottom bolt that is towards the bumper was hard to find and get a wrench on (socket extensions were the only way I got it off and back on). Would even consider relocating the battery to the trunk next time I have to take that area apart.

First impressions of fitment are good. Clearance looks good all around. Haven't driven it yet, but did let it idle for 15mins and kinda cool to hear the ECU adapting (based on the changes in tone of the idle through the process). I did notice that the wire for the MAF was stretched near its limit, but didn't seem to be any problems there. Pics already posted illustrate all I mentioned. If there are specific areas that would like a closer look, let me know.

Doing a HID retrofit and replaced the shifter bushings at the same time. :D

Just finished installing mine (arrived today). Removing the battery tray was a real PITA. The bottom bolt that is towards the bumper was hard to find and get a wrench on (socket extensions were the only way I got it off and back on). Would even consider relocating the battery to the trunk next time I have to take that area apart.

First impressions of fitment are good. Clearance looks good all around. Haven't driven it yet, but did let it idle for 15mins and kinda cool to hear the ECU adapting (based on the changes in tone of the idle through the process). I did notice that the wire for the MAF was stretched near its limit, but didn't seem to be any problems there. Pics already posted illustrate all I mentioned. If there are specific areas that would like a closer look, let me know.

Doing a HID retrofit and replaced the shifter bushings at the same time. :D
With a throttle body spacer would the MAF sensor reach better or worse cuz I got one???

Back