Intrepid

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si HFP
Purchased a roof visor for my 2012 Civic Si Coupe

Honda Part Number # 08R01-TS8-300

Installation is extremely easy and i would rate it as a 1/10 in difficulty.
I didn't take any photo's of the process of installing it but i will describe it the best i can.
Basically it comes in the box with a bag of (4)screws and (4)clips and (4) Pieces of clear tape.
The instructions that come with the roof visor tell you where to measure and place the clear tape, but that seemed a bit too hard for me to follow so basically what i did was put the screws and clips in place on the car and then removed them and put the clear tape in those spots where the clips would be. All the tape is is a layer of protection between the paint and the clip so that the clip doesn't scratch the finish.
Once the tape is in place you can set the visor back on teh roof and hook the clips in and tighten them down.
Here are a few pics of it installed on the car

Side profile of car with roof visor:

IMG_0598.sized.jpg

Side Profile of Roof VIsor:

20120916_115320.sized.jpg

Front Profile of Visor:

20120916_115337.sized.jpg

Rear View of the roof visor:

20120916_115358.sized.jpg

Side Profile of the clips that hold the visor to the roof:

20120916_115540.sized.jpg

I found this to be a very easy addition to the car, and if you wanted to remove it later it would be very easy to do. Hope this helps any of you out who are thinking about purchasing one

I'm wondering how the thing closes with those metal straps in the way?

the metal clips fit between the roof and the rubber seal on the moon roof, the metal clips are very thin and don't interfere with it closing at all

i hate how the 4dr one has that bulge in the middle. i wonder if the coupe fits the 4dr?

I wonder if this would allow me to use a thule roof rack. Anyone know?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back