instructions on rear panel / speaker removal? (2013 - 2015 civic)

snahfu

I found some tutorials for the 2012 model but I cant seem to find 13-15 models.

There is a buzzing / vibrating noise coming from the back speakers when driving along bumpy roads. Someone suggested sticking foam in that area.

Any suggestions on how this can be done and where to stick the foam.

Thank you!

So first off its a pain in the ***, if you feel like you're going to break something, you probably aren't

Start by wedging something in the top of the rear pillars and pull the top part off, then you're gonna have to wedge your hand or an object in there to find a little plastic piece that you have to disconnect.

After you remove the pillars then you gotta get the fabric seat parts off on the sides of the rear, I think you pull up on it or something first, I don't remember it being hard.

Once you get those off basically you just pull like a madman on the rear plastic deck.

Also make sure the plastic pieces that you pull off of the rear pillars don't lock until you put them back in

This took me about 1-2 hours

Tbh I know what you're talking about too I need to get back in there to fix the rattling but it's such a pain in the ***

Also don't be discouraged, I did this with no guide and I don't even know how to put on an air intake lol

Last edited:
Also I got bad news for you the speakers require special tools or something to get them out, I broke 2 Allan (?) Wrenches trying to remove the stock 6 inch sub.

But I don't think that's where the rattles are coming from

Facing the rear seats, the rattle that's underneath the cover originates from between the subwoofer and the right speaker, at least on my car.

After you put some tape or dampening on that, and put all the pieces back, put some tape or dampening on the little plastic bits where it makes contact with the rear seat metal frame, it helped out a ton.

Also I got bad news for you the speakers require special tools or something to get them out, I broke 2 Allan (?) Wrenches trying to remove the stock 6 inch sub.

I used mini socket wrench (1/4") with a short bit. The rear ones were still a bit tough to get out.

So were you able to locate the source of the rattle?

Thank you for the instructions! I got really afraid of breaking something or making the situation worse so ill be going to the dealer to have it checked out next week. I still have a month left on my warranty but I'm not sure if they will fix it or if 'rattles' are covered.

I went to try to get it warrantied before but I couldnt produce the rattle to the inspector so this time, i drove around the whole area looking for specific streets that I knew would make the rattle. I suggest anyone do the same if you have this problem!

Thank you for the instructions! I got really afraid of breaking something or making the situation worse so ill be going to the dealer to have it checked out next week. I still have a month left on my warranty but I'm not sure if they will fix it or if 'rattles' are covered.

I went to try to get it warrantied before but I couldnt produce the rattle to the inspector so this time, i drove around the whole area looking for specific streets that I knew would make the rattle. I suggest anyone do the same if you have this problem!
Lol trust me if after you disconnect those two plastic bits on the pillars it's almost impossible to break anything, I recall pulling with all my strength on the rear deck

Back