Interested in a 13 Si sedan!

tybfly

After nailing down my selections, I've decided that the 13 Si sedan would be my best choice. I've searched on cars.com for the prices and inventory of the dealerships around me. There's two Honda dealerships in my city. One has two of them sale, with no pricing online. It just says "Call for Price." The other dealership has two for $23,505 each. The thing is that there's a dealership about 1.5 hours away from me that has two for sale, both for $21,325.
All of these prices are what I found on their website. I've not given any of them a call yet.

What should I do in this situation? Why is there that much of the a difference in pricing? There seems to be no add-ons that I can tell on the more expensive ones. I don't mind going to the further one to get the car.

The only problem that I have is that I don't know how to drive manual yet lol. I guess I would bring someone who I can trust that can drive manual to come test drive the car for me?

Last edited:
23505 is the Msrp after destination cost. So it appears the other dealer is trying to move it but doesn't mean u can't negotiate with your closest one. You can go to truecar.com and see what people are paying in your areas or print out the other dealers price and use it to negotiate at your dealer.

Pricing varies by locations I think and I picked mine up for 22,500. Although I did get the color I wanted and got what I wanted for my trade in so I was happy. It was also inline with the true car pricing in my area.

Good luck! And the civic si is a pretty easy manual to learn to drive with!

As a salesperson myself. Just call your local dealer and see if they price match. if so then go to them. Also ask about any fees they have, as in doc fees or anything else. the price might be better, but if they have fees it could make a difference.

As a salesperson myself. Just call your local dealer and see if they price match. if so then go to them. Also ask about any fees they have, as in doc fees or anything else. the price might be better, but if they have fees it could make a difference.
Which fees should I ask questions about? I've never bought a car before. I'm going with my older brother because he has really good credit, so he'll be the one that's actually buying the car. I'll just be making the monthly payments to him. If I do go to the further one, do you think they'll go lower than the $21,325?

"doc fee" - that's what you can ask about. Ask what their doc fee is. Some dealers don't like to list discounted prices publicly. They'd rather have a salesperson discuss the prices on an individual basis. Call each place and ask to speak to their "internet manager" (if they have one). They usually tend to be able to offer the lowest pricing when it comes to buying.

Which fees should I ask questions about? I've never bought a car before. I'm going with my older brother because he has really good credit, so he'll be the one that's actually buying the car. I'll just be making the monthly payments to him. If I do go to the further one, do you think they'll go lower than the $21,325?
Going to a dealer thats further has nothing to do with getting a lower price. A lot of dealers don't advertise a lower price because some manufacturers wont let you advertise less than invoice(not supposed to anyway). A lot of times a dealer will advertise a price including all applicable rebates and such. But it doesn't mean you qualify for all of them.

The doc fees I had was something like $70. The tax is based on your location.

If u aren't hurting for transport u can try to negotiate as much as you want. But u should see truecar.com as a starting place. Also sometimes there are specials like 0.9% apr. or u can negotiate extras while keeping he price the same. Or negotiate your trade in higher.

I've been to dealerships that had $499 "doc fees".

E-mail the dealers and ask them to give you an online quote.

Take it from there. Don't expect to pay less than $22,000 including destination excluding any fees and taxes.

So when you inquire ask for their out the door price, include your zip code for them to determine taxes and let them know that this is an e-mail that you've sent out to other dealers.

Your lack of knowledge in car buying will get you creamed if you just walk into the showroom.

Take it from there. Don't expect to pay less than $22,000 including destination excluding any fees and taxes.

So when you inquire ask for their out the door price, include your zip code for them to determine taxes and let them know that this is an e-mail that you've sent out to other dealers.

Your lack of knowledge in car buying will get you creamed if you just walk into the showroom.

When asking for their out the door price, would I be asked about info such as down payment or etc? If they were to ask me that, should I tell them that I won't be putting any? Out the door price means the price for everything, including all DMV stuff right? Once they give me the price, how much room do I still have to negotiate, if any?

When asking for their out the door price, would I be asked about info such as down payment or etc? If they were to ask me that, should I tell them that I won't be putting any? Out the door price means the price for everything, including all DMV stuff right? Once they give me the price, how much room do I still have to negotiate, if any?
once they give you the price depending on how much it is exactly you may have zero negotiating room or just a few hundred dollars.

don't include any downpayment information or "how much you looking to spend a month?!?" answers, just ignore those if asked.

I agree completely with 9000RPM. Try to get as much of the negotiating done through emails. It'll save you a lot of time and headache. Remember once you walk in the door, the car salesman has a lot of time (it's his job) and typically doesn't mind keeping you for hours with the response of "Let me speak with my manager" and disappearing for 15-30 minutes everytime you ask him something lol. I hated my first car buying experience because the dealer tired the heck out of me and probably won.

Last edited:
I tell them they have 2 minutes to return, by themselves, or I'll be gone.

be respectful but remember these people are not your friends.

I've emailed about 6 Honda dealerships around me and 4 responded so far. The best out the door price I was about to get was ~$23,600 from a dealership close by. $21,495 + $250 license fee + 9% tax. Does that sound like a good deal?

I've emailed about 6 Honda dealerships around me and 4 responded so far. The best out the door price I was about to get was ~$23,600 from a dealership close by. $21,495 + $250 license fee + 9% tax. Does that sound like a good deal?
yes I'd say that a good deal if it is indeed a total out the door price.

It's near excellent and it would be very difficult to get any better as there is no more Honda Flex cash for this month.

Now lock in a good APR with them, Si should be .9% 36 months or 1.9% for 60 months.

yes I'd say that a good deal if it is indeed a total out the door price.

It's near excellent and it would be very difficult to get any better as there is no more Honda Flex cash for this month.

Now lock in a good APR with them, Si should be .9% 36 months or 1.9% for 60 months.

Got 0.9 for 60 a month ago or 1.9 for 72. It ended in June tho

I actually went to the dealership just to take a look at the cars for the first time earlier today. I wanted a white sedan before going and it seems like my choice has changed completely now. That combo didn't look as good in person as I thought it would. There was a red coupe there and it looked so good! I went home and emailed them about the price for the red coupe.

coupe should should be cheaper but I recommend against it.

mustang is the same money and its faster, faster, more power, better mpg's etc.

I actually went to the dealership just to take a look at the cars for the first time earlier today. I wanted a white sedan before going and it seems like my choice has changed completely now. That combo didn't look as good in person as I thought it would. There was a red coupe there and it looked so good! I went home and emailed them about the price for the red coupe.

I'm not sure red is a good idea....it's a lot more likely to get a speeding ticket with a red car than white :D . I'm just kidding (although it's probably true)...red is very nice.

Back