Interior Quality (Pros - Cons)

when you say "written off" - you mean you're hoping they total the car out,... or? From those pics, they'll definitely repair it. That's not that bad

when you say "written off" - you mean you're hoping they total the car out,... or? From those pics, they'll definitely repair it. That's not that bad

Well, the wife says it is worse than the pictures appear underneath...I just don't want to take out the option of early exchange as the trade in value will take a serious hit!

you'd probably have to have over 10k in damages for them to consider writing the car off. Without knowing any underlying issues that can't be seen, I doubt you even have half of that in damages/airbag replacement. Obviously, an insurance agent will give you info on it's condition though

Just for fun I showed my godfather who owns a body shop. He said it doesn't look like something he would ever tell an insurance company was totalled, unfortunately. Although he did say that if the frame was bent or twisted it could add significant cost to an estimate depending on how bad it was. The fact of the matter is that it *looks* almost completely front-on which means only a couple panels, a radiator, posibly some hoses. Probably won't need paint since they'll just replace the thing with a factory part, and no other bodywork looks necessary. He also mentioned that a lot of people in your position might take the money for the repair, and then part the car or sell it as-is to someone who buys wrecked Hondas. That way you might get a new car (if that's what you're looking for) without losing quite so much. Again, he just looked at it for a few seconds.

Let us know what happens!

Thanks Iain,

Appreciate the time you took...I should have my car back in a week or do.
Quote was 8k plus for the repairs, only bumper with clips and brackets, fog lights, airbag, paint, etc...

I am a little concerned that there are no suspension parts or anything other than exterior included in the figures. Sometimes repair shops lowball the numbers to get the work booked then discover a few extras...oh well, I am looking forward to taking her for a nice test drive to make sure all is ok!

Pros:
-Plastics are a lot less scratch prone & not a dust/hair magnet.. (I have dogs)
-No more sunroof track rattle, like my Mugen had on bumpy roads..
-Seats are alot easier to vacuum out vs 8th
-Front Pillars are a bit thinner, not so much of a blind spot, like the ocho..
-Bluetooth & being able to flip through your playlist from an ipod on the wheel, is a + too...
-I like that the ebrake button is chrome & my knee dosent sit on it.. My knee took the paint off both my 8ths, lol..

Cons/Dislikes:
-Carpet Floor Mats are cheap, there pretty much carpetless where my foot sits..
-Too many buttons on the wheel kinda looks tacky, even though I love the wheel itself..
-Dislike the chrome rings around the temp./adj. & volume
-I miss the sliding cover the 8th had over the cup holders
-At night the reflection of the interior lights on the windshield were annoying as fawk, got use to it now tho..
-Power Monitor in the Si & the half a dozen vtec lights is a lil much..
-Less headroom in the Coupe

Got my Civic back mid January...total damage was around $8500 and looking good.
I had a Nissan Versa as a rental while waiting.
What a piece of crap, driving on the highway on a windy day, I could hardly keep her in the right lane!
I have a new appreciation for how good the Civic is...I did come from an Accord EX-L V6 after all...

But at least the door panels didn't creak in the cheapest car in America. LOL!

Can't believe it went to 8500 from your previous pics. Must have had a lot of hidden damages. Does it seem to be doing good since its been repaired?

Thanks, she is like new again...had her up on the highway and cut around a bit to make sure all was good. Alignment is dead on, so overall I am happy.
Will get some pics up when I get back home from Brazil. She is black with foglights, decklid spoiler and tinted windows. Just need the Si type grille to complete the darkness!

She's a lease so I may go back to an Accord V6 when it is up in 3 years!
I got super excited when Honda announced they were debuting a more "dynamic and aggressive" Accord at the NAIAS.
Man, was I ever disappointed...it is the same car in disguise, the roofline is basically an exact match to my 2008!
I was hoping for something more exotic. Even the Acura RDX is losing the torque vectoring SH-AWD, though the design is nice.
Man maximum, machine minimum is the Honda mantra!
I think they are actually performing it the wrong way round!
See what the 2013 Civic brings....

good to hear it was fixed well, and driving great.

As for the rdx, there isn't a ton of info out on the awd system that I've seen.

Another big change lies with the optional all-wheel-drive system. The SH-AWD driveline is no more; instead, it's replaced with a conventional all-wheel-drive driveline that's both lighter and less expensive than the SH-AWD system. We wouldn't be surprised if the drivetrain is similar - if not identical - to that on the CR-V, which uses a new electronically-controlled clutch pack to send power to the rear wheels.

I would be lying if I said the accord unveil "wowed" me. I expected more exterior change, but oh well.

Back