Interior trim removal?

OffTheWall

Virginia
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
Advice needed? What's the easiest way to remove the gray trim on the door panels? Trying to vinyl wrap the, ('13 sedan)

Which part are you trying to remove in the door? All the coupes door handles are held on by clips but I'm not sure about the sedan. @Pauly99to17 might can help you with this.

Hmmmm....are you talking about the piece that holds the door controls?

There is a little notch where the white tool is located. Simply lift up and then pull up using your fingers. As ADEx said, it's held on by clips.

Sorry guys, should have uploaded a picture. Just took this one, it's the grey thin piece. image.jpg

I wouldnt even know where to begin, because the piece feels like its all one big part on the door panel

Have you taken the door panel off yet? My best guess is that it's attached similar to the door inserts on the non Si. If it is, the plastic is actually fused together. You can cut the tops off and reattach them with epoxy or lath screws.

Take a picture of the back of the panel if you can and we can try to help you.

Cool cool, thanks everyone for the info. I was holding off pulling them off to see if there was an easier way. I'll start pulling te door panel off and see where I get. I'll post pics and info.

Is there any info on 2015 SI coupe? Does this method work for my car? I would also like to remove air vent grey trim, door handle grey trim, shift boot collar. Pretty much every grey trim piece removed from interior

I would assume the door panels would be the same. Most cars are designed the same way. Start looking around for screw heads, then start prying slowly around the edges popping the plastic pins. If you feel a lot of resistance just take a closer look before applying more pressure. If you go slow and pry with firm even pressure you should be ok.

The vent covers will probably require dash removal to get at the back of them.

Once you remove the door panel you'll get access to the door handle trim.

The shift boot collar requires removal of the center console I believe

Thx

I got everything off except vent trim. I can't wrap for sheets. Tried wrapping emblem and grey door handle. Epic fails.

Thx

I got everything off except vent trim. I can't wrap for sheets. Tried wrapping emblem and grey door handle. Epic fails.
curious what kind of vinyl/material you were using? There is a big difference between brands and actual model #'s on vinyl film.

Take a look at 3m brand 1080 film

I did ! No hope! Lol. I believe it's the color I chose. Very unforgiving. Can't even find this color from 3M. I wrapped my 12's stock and forearm with mossy oak vinyl and that was real easy!
what color are you wanting it done in?

Back