Interior

Lindsaysarah

Has anyone else noticed that has a 2014 that the seats get dirty without even touching them?! I never have anyone or anything in the back seat but almost every time I look back there there is white powder like crap on the seat. Does anyone know of anything that I can put on them to stop this from happening? It's driving me crazy!

Hi....... 1st thing... Do you ride with the windows down?..... Next, where do you live, city/state, or type of environment.
AND... If you ride with the windows up, do you keep the internal air filter activated?
For comparison nothing like that has happened with mine, and live in a non polluted area, and run my ac year round.

i do tend to have the windows down. i live in vermont and its been relatively nice out. it is so bizarre i have no idea what it could be. it comes off if you rub it but its constantly reappearing.

The only thing I can think of is it's coming in from the out side....... I'm thinking Vermont, lots of snow so they put this stuff on the roads a lot, and it comes off the roads in a powder form. Do your roads have a chalky look to them?

Thats is very unusual. The same thing is happening to mine, I was thinking there may be a leak. Mine is usually on the back seat on the driver side.

I had been wondering the same thing! Lol. Thought it was me! I notice this stuff on all the cloth like the armrests. Was actually gonna take some time this weekend and see if I could use some mild (very mild) cleaner and vacuum combo.

I was thinking about talking to the dealer. I noticed it when I got home the first day I purchased it. I want to know like what's "safe" to use on it.

I noticed it the first day too! It doesn't seem to matter what I do it appears on almost all of the cloth portions. The dealer gave me a pack that has interior surface protecter in it. I want to test it on a very small spot to make sure it isn't going to stain but I'm scared haha! Glad I'm not the only one that's having this issue.

Yeah I don't blame you lol, but yeah it sucks. I'm scared to try anything on it because I don't want to mess the fabric up. So I'm not really sure what to do with it. I thought when I saw it the dealer just didn't clean it good, but I got my car fresh off the truck with 7 miles on it. The only one who drove it was the dealer. So I didn't understand how it got dirty. But now that you said it, I can understand. It must just be the kind of fabric it is. Thanks for your post, it was an eye opener! :)

I get this on a 2013 si on the front passenger seat. No idea what it is. I just vaccuum it off.

One last thought from me......... Did all you ppl that have this fabric issue........ did you get the dealer interior protectant done on your seats? (Like a scotch guard spray)?

I don't have any type of fabric protectant. I did do some googling because of this thread and found something on another forum mentioned that its some fire retardant material and happens to a lot of people.

If you have dirty or stained seats the best thing I have ever used is 303-Multi Surface Cleaner or 303 Spot Remover. It used to be called Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner.

It is excellent on car seats.

This is the pre-mixed diluted version:

http://www.detailedimage.com/303-M2/Cleaner-Spot-Remover-P15/32-oz-S1/

Spray it on, blot/wipe it off. This stuff will take blood stains out of white carpet. If you have access to one of those small carpet extractors you can really really clean your interior well if you need to.

It sounds like you guys are getting some sort of dust from the inside of the seat. Possibly some type of coating on the inside of the fabric breaking in or just dust from the manufacturing of the seat foam working its way out. Might just have to keep vacuuming until it stops.

Yeah I'm not sure. My car goes in to the dealer this Monday because my driver side door handle isn't unlocking when I grab it, and my driver side headlight is pointed up too high, it was never adjusted from the factory I guess. I'm gonna say something about the interior Anyway and see what they say. I'll let you guys know

Yeah I'm not sure. My car goes in to the dealer this Monday because my driver side door handle isn't unlocking when I grab it, and my driver side headlight is pointed up too high, it was never adjusted from the factory I guess. I'm gonna say something about the interior Anyway and see what they say. I'll let you guys know

Yes please let me know! I would love to hear what they have to say!!

Back