Introducing RV6 R18 Catted and Catless Downpipe BETA

RV6

Vendor
Introducing RV6 downpipe options for the 9th Generation Civic equipped with R18 engines. I know some of you have been waiting for a while. As with all RV6 products, excellence takes time. This downpipe is built to last, and have perfect fitment. Part of the long development time has be inability to find reliable local testers. We have tested fitment and performance. However we need some real world miles to make sure everything is dialed in. Right now we are looking for BETA testers. If interest please send us a message on the contact us section of our website Welcome to RV6 Performance

rv6-9G-civic-dp.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-2.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-3.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-4.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-5.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-6.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-7.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-8.jpg

Specifications:
- 304 Stainless Precision Cast flange sections
- 304 Stainless 14GA 2.25” tubing
- Fully TIG welded
- Argon back gassed for pure welds
- High flow 200 Cell Metallic Substrate Converter (catted version)

Includes:
- Non Fouler
- Gaskets
- Studs
- Locking Nuts

That is awesome!

@stormCIVIC - This. This looks like exactly what you should consider over those megan test pipes. Catted version and everything.

Introducing RV6 downpipe options for the 9th Generation Civic equipped with R18 engines. I know some of you have been waiting for a while. As with all RV6 products, excellence takes time. This downpipe is built to last, and have perfect fitment. Part of the long development time has be inability to find reliable local testers. We have tested fitment and performance. However we need some real world miles to make sure everything is dialed in. Right now we are looking for BETA testers. If interest please send us a message on the contact us section of our website Welcome to RV6 Performance

rv6-9G-civic-dp.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-2.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-3.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-4.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-5.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-6.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-7.jpg

rv6-9G-civic-dp-8.jpg

Specifications:
- 304 Stainless Precision Cast flange sections
- 304 Stainless 14GA 2.25” tubing
- Fully TIG welded
- Argon back gassed for pure welds
- High flow 200 Cell Metallic Substrate Converter (catted version)

Includes:
- Non Fouler
- Gaskets
- Studs
- Locking Nuts
I sent you guys an email for the beta test. Id love to help out.

We have several catted BETA testers. Still no catless BETA testers.

RV6, you really do make a top quality product. Your DP on my Si has gone 20K miles so far and is performing flawlessly. And no CEL's!! Please keep us updated on the R18 project. I will be an owner of an HRV soon and was wondering if this DP will be available for the HRV as well. Thanks!

Did anyone here get their DP yet? I ordered one on 2/8 and still haven't gotten it. RV6 said they sold out of the first 5 already and we're waiting for more cats to complete the order. Hopefully someone here got 1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457813002.099725.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1457813031.278912.jpg

DP is in. So far no codes. I took it for a short drive, about 5 miles. Going to take a long 45min drive later and I'll see how that goes.

Gains... Butt dyno says 0 right now but I want to give it some time. Then again I already have a tune, exhaust and intake. I also want to tune it and see what happens. There's a much deeper and louder note to the exhaust along with a slight rasp. Catted version btw.

Install was pretty straight forward. Even after 4 years and 80,000 miles everything came apart easy. A little PB blaster and some muscle. I would recommend getting a new gasket and spring bolts to connect the mid pipe. My spring bolts were pretty shot but I had an extra pair already.

I'll post some more info later and do a full write up after a few weeks.

You mentioned a tune....how soon are you planning to have your tune tweaked?

I need to do some brake work tomorrow but maybe tomorrow night or Monday I'll try to get a datalog for Vit

On the upside, there is a bit more high end power. I was able to get some good speed up on my drive so that it was noticeable.

Noticeable with windows down between 1-3. Windows up you need to listen for it. It's not bad at idle either when your outside the car. I also have a stiff motor mount so I have a bit more noise at low speeds anyways.

I was going to wait for a full review until i finished my re-tune, but after commuting with this for a week all i have to say is buy it! This dp and flashpro is worth the $1,000 it will cost. Ive seen more improvement with this than anything else Ive done.

There is no low end gain which is to be expected with a dp and you cant really tell until about 3k in second gear. Cruising around at low speeds you get a satisfying hiss from the high flow cat and a nicer more bass note to the exhaust. On the highways and when you really get on the car is where is shines. Passing on the highway is easier and i don't find myself riding the throttle as much to stay around 80. A few times Ive looked down to see i was doing 90+ just driving like i always do. I am very happy with this product and i find myself actually enjoying this car again.

Also. the slight rasp that i initially had has faded to just a hiss now. The hiss is noticeable until about 4k, with windows down, at which point the exhaust and engine noise drowns it out,.

Back