Invidia N1 installed on 2014 Si PROBLEMS

dewman1999

I finally was able to install the N1 on my 2014 Si about 3 weeks ago, it was so simple to do but when I got it installed i noticed it was about 1.5" too short and was literally touching the rear bumper. I cranked it up and OMG the sound is amazing, I personally wish it was louder but its still loud. I drove it checking the bumper every time i got out of the car, eventually i did notice that the bumper was melting from the contact. Everything is installed correctly, i have rigged it up by placing a rubber stopper in between the exhaust tip and the bumper which centered the tip in the opening.

My question has anyone else heard of this problem with 2014 Si, did i make a mistake somewhere? I mean i can rig up a more permanent solution but i first wanted to check on here to see if this was common or it was an error on my part.

As far as sound is concerned very deep, and its loud until VTEC but then my K&N Intake gets louder than the exhaust that is my biggest complaint, but I am coming from an 2006 Si, which had the greatest exhaust tone ever. I have ZERO cabin drone if my music is on above 8, which it is usually on 15. I have had no problems with the Cops, even had 1 tell me how great it sounded while i was getting gas. I love it, i am so glad i chose N1.

So it's just the muffler and tip that is too close to the bumper? Everything else fit and lined up nicely?
Did it come with a new rubber hanger or did you reuse the stock one? You could possibly try getting a larger hanger to lower it a little or bend the tangs that go into the hanger and buy yourself a few mm of clearance.

Everything else lined up perfectly, it was a simple install.
Used all OEM hangers, I am off of work all this week bc of Thanksgiving and plan on doing some modifications to the hangers to get the tip to where it needs to be. I was just checking with the forums to see if any other 2014 had had fitment problems such as this. Because i searched before i bought and i had heard that they were a little short but that is not an issue.

I had the same issues, I stuck a shim in the last hanger to push the tip down and give me a bit of clearance. It's holding up well so far :D

Back