iPod and Navi

SiSedanGuy

CO.
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Finally got around to playing with the iPod and Navi. I'm really impressed at how well the two are intergrated together. I bought a used ipod classic, 30gb, 5th generation. Downloaded a bunch of music from itunes tonight.

Some things I discovered via the Navi screen....

1. You can play your iPod music by choosing either Artist, Album, Playlists, Songs, Genres, Composers.

2. Under Playlists you can choose, Music Video (plays song, not video), My Top Rated, Purchased, Purchased on my iPad, Recently Added & Played, Top 25 Most Played, On-The Go and 90's Music. Each works as described.

3. Under Genres, All, Alternative, Classical, Country, Country & Folk, Dance, Hip Hop/Rap, Kids, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rap, Rock & Soundtrack. Seems to do well classifying music.

You can scroll through the songs via the steering wheel but not the Navi menus. However, I discovered the little joystick on the Navi and it makes easy work of zipping through the menus. Seems like the Navi works just like the ipod.

Not sure if non-Navi Civic's have these features via the i-mid?

I'm not use to this level of technology and think that Honda did a good job!

agreed that the ipod works well with the honda system

I am getting a new 80gb hdd for my old ipod classic (it is dead and isn't loading any songs). Will drop it and leave it in the car for tons of music on demand. I do not have the Navi so hopefully will be able to help with confirmation of non-Navi cars. I will also just grab the gf's touch and use it tonight.

Back