ipod classic

redrx8

Hi, I have a 2012 civic on order, hopefully it will come in soon. My question is related to the ipod classic, do we use the ipod cable to connect it to the usb plug, do the songs appear where the nav is and can we control the ipod with the interface of the car? The reason i'm asking is that the salesman told me that you connect the ipod to the aux jack via the headphone output of the ipod. He says that the songs will appear on the nav area that way, I don't see that as being possible. Can someone enlighten me on how to proceed plugging my ipod in order to control it with the car's stereo?
Thanks

The previous generation civic owners had to use the aux plug - as they didn't have the usb. The new civic has the usb, so that's what you'd want to use. Just plug your normal iphone/ipod plug into the USB. Songs and info show up on the nav screen, and can be changed on the steering wheel etc.

if its anything like the 2009+ civics the usb connection wi,l be inside the glove box. you use an ipod cable and then you can control it directly through the headunit

Back