Ipod theft!

Martin Hurley

Hi guys, I had a long day a few months ago and left my ipod touch in the centre console storage of my 2012 Civic EX sedan, without locking my doors. Next morning it was gone...though there were other items in the car untouched...

Seems like people know which vehicles are more likely to have ipods inside and target them as such. Just got my 2012 Odyssey EX a few weeks ago and saw that the USB connection is in the glove locker. Thought it was a good idea given that it is lockable!

Maybe honda should consider moving the USB into lockable storage area or at least make the centre console storage lockable...I am always double checking that the doors are locked now!

A new ipod is definitely on my Chrismas list! ha...

Cheers,
Martin

Current:
2012 Civic EX 5-spd sedan (Black)
2012 Odyssey EX (Bronze Mocha)

Previous:
2008 Accord EX-L V6 6-spd Coupe (Polished Metal Metallic)
2008 CRV LX-4WD (Taffeta White)
2007 Civic EX 5-spd Coupe (Alabaster Silver)

I never leave my car doors unlocked, house unlocked or even my garage door open. It's an open invitation for people to steal things.
Shouldn't really leave anything of value in your car hidden or not...but I guess if it's hidden it's a smaller chance of someone breaking in.

Sorry this happened to you.

sorry man.. best bet is keeping all doors locked. Even if it's parked in your own driveway etc... you never know who could be looking for a quick score

A few years ago we had a highschool kid get into my dad's mustang which had $600 hidden in the glovebox from work (yeah, not a good idea), his Sirius radio, wallet, etc. I think he left the door unlocked to go back inside and grab something before he went to work.

Reason why the gps is not on the window it's tucked away in the cubby and the cable for my iPod is black instead of white and why I have tint... Someone leaning into the glass of a car raise my suspicion up...

07LTX, had my windows tinted too and ipod stored inside the bin between the front seats out of sight...
Usually lock my doors but we had a long day on the road visiting family and forgot to check.
Bonehead move, bad luck...but worse things could happen than losing an ipod.

I am thinking about getting one of those wireless security cams for my driveway which emails you a picture and sends video to your computer, even in darkness.
They are getting pretty cheap now (example, Y-Cam Black) and a good way to keep an eye on your vehicles/house entry.
That way I can catch the buggers sweeping the neighbourhood at night, checking doors...
Vigilante justice is not an option, as my wife is a cop! hahaha!

i leave nothing in my car, doors are always locked and prox sensor set. i have been broken into twice. i was more upset having to get the window repaired than the items stolen out of my car. i am insured for the stereo gear in my car but they will not have time to get my stereo out before i am at my car with a baseball bat. Sorry to hear people suck

i would not want it somewhere i can lock it, once the thief gets in what is to stop him from breaking the plastic glovebox? then you have to replace the ipod and the glovebox door......just take the stupid ipod and not chop up my interior please.

It's sad that we have to spend extra time making sure doors are locked, valuables are out of sight and etc. Car alarms help somewhat but not much when in the middle of the parking lot as rarely anybody take notice or do anything about it. Some expensive car alarms do have a remote alert with a range of one mile. Word of advice though. Never confront a thief as he maybe dangerous. Call the cops right away.

I've had my car broken into years ago and thief took items that were easy sell. For some stupid reason he took my high school tassel that was hanging from the mirror. Trophy? What a loser.

You can force yourself to make it a habit to lock your doors. If I even step out of the car to check something and remove the keys, I automatically hit the lock button on the key. It has become such a habit that sometimes I even surprise myself that I locked the doors when I don't remember doing it. As for the GPS...it stays in the tray, forward of the shifter, all the time and is covered with a little box painted black primer. If you look in the windows you will never notice it. I think I previously posted a DIY on it.

It's sad that we have to spend extra time making sure doors are locked, valuables are out of sight and etc. Car alarms help somewhat but not much when in the middle of the parking lot as rarely anybody take notice or do anything about it. Some expensive car alarms do have a remote alert with a range of one mile. Word of advice though. Never confront a thief as he maybe dangerous. Call the cops right away.

I've had my car broken into years ago and thief took items that were easy sell. For some stupid reason he took my high school tassel that was hanging from the mirror. Trophy? What a loser.

Cops will not come, have the time they will not come if your house in broken into.......sad sad

Unfortunately, I am seeing many municipalities, town, cities, etc. are cutting their police force. Not good.

Its not that there are cuts, they are just more focused on the gangters shootin each other and the drug trade. Car break in's are so common the cops cant be bothered

It really sucks when people are too lazy to earn their own stuff and feel the need to take from the people who actually do work for their possessions.

Back