Is anyone running 215/45 17 on 17/9 30 offset?

jhacker92

Going to buy 17/9 30 offset MB battles for my fb6. I have a set of 215/45 17 summer tires I would like to use for this set up. I'm on eibach sport line springs. I just wanna know if this will work with my current set up. If anyone knows where to point me in the right direction on here or if you have any input that would be dope.

Current set up: oem si wheels
Spc front camber bolts
Rear ingalls camber plates (will be getting camber arms soon)
Progress rear lower sway bar
Eibach sportline springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on eibach sportline springs and rear camber plates that adjust to -3/+3 camber

Thank you [emoji1430] I'm new to this still lol. So I should be good with 215's on the 17 inch 9 wide wheel Correct? I'll post pics on here when it's done

I just realized you're on a 30 offset. You're going to need to run some camber I'm sure with that. 8.5 wide and a +35 offset people rubbed on bumps/hard corners without rolling fenders or camber.

It shouldn't be much camber though right? I have camber plates that adjust to -3 or +3 degrees

you could message some of the people in that thread to see what offset they were at. Unfortunately, a couple of the users haven't been on here in a few years. If you send them a private message it'll send them an email notification you have a question. Or maybe @Nix has input.

You'll probably be on the higher end of that -3. The lower your car is the more neg camber it will have in the rear anyways so you might be more than -3 overall. The front you will definitely need 2 sets of camber bolts to get enough to clear the fenders unless you want to roll them a bit. You may end up with clearance issues on the inside near the suspension as well. Coilovers get you a lot more clearance than spring/strut setups so even if you can get enough negative camber, watch the clearance on the inside as well as the outside.

I would caution you with running a narrow stretched tire and that much camber. You will have a small contact patch and will definitely be wearing the tires quickly and putting a lot of stress on them. Running aggressive wheels and stretched tires needs careful driving.

Just a heads up. The battle is a good looking wheel but you just need to know what you're getting into. I would highly recommend getting the fenders rolled a bit and trying to run a little less camber if you can. I don't like to recommend less than a 225 width tire on a 9" wheel but for fitment and stance that 215 is usually the way people go, even a 205 sometimes but I think thats getting a bit excessive.

Okay thank you for your input! I'll see what they look like with 215's. Next up would be 225's but I feel like that's too beefy of a setup

Back