Is there a battery or starter issue on 2012 Hondas?

civicexl-2012

Hello,

I just purchased a brand new Honda Civic Sedan EX-L on Apr 23 2012. The reason I selected this car was largely due to the reliability reputation of Honda and Safety. I happended to come across a couple of forums like this one reporting there is a known issue with Honda 2012 cars having a "No-Start" problem. Usually, they report if the car sits 3-4 days and then you attempt to start the car, it won't start up and its often due to the battery being suddenly dead?

Can this really be true? I mean if it is why is there not a massive recall, or news paper reports, or Lemon Law suits, etc. I mean if I go on a family trip and leave the car parked for a few days the last thing I need if for the car not to start?

Appreciate if someone could clarify if there is an issue or not.

No issues here. My subaru used to die after along weekend of sitting. My Si has not done it yet but i have only gone more than 2 days days twice without starting it up.

I only drive my si on Saturday and Sunday. It stays in the garage the whole week. The longest its been sitting not being started was 13 days and no trouble started right up

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

OK. Thanks for responding. Hopefully, there won't be an issue for me. After looking at the competition in the price range/class of the Civic, I felt the Civic was the better buy. However, lots of folks and car reviewers seem to be a bit critical of the 2012 Civic's outside looks and interior. This is my first Honda and so far I am quite happy with the car overall. Would have liked a Power seat option and also turn signal lights on the side door mirrors. But aside from that everything else is great.

yeah, if you run into any issues, please let us know in this thread. I don't know if there was a bad run of batteries or what. Some of the users had aftermarket lighting items as well. I don't know if some of them were drawing current from a bad wiring setup or if there is another issue.

Back