is there a max size thumdrive the 2013 nav supports?

Tony-si

Van Nuys, Ca
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
coupe
i got a 128g one to put all my cds on and it still had more room but when i looked there were some folders missing and I know I copied it to the drive and it was there. i didn't see anything in the manual or missed it.

thanks all.

a lot of good info in this thread -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/usb-audio-capacity.1229/

Someone was even able to get a 500 gig external usb hard drive to pull up, but it was just slow -

So, I tested a few uses on the USB port.
  1. Standard USB "thumb drive" (only 8GB) --Worked, as expected.
  2. Unpowered USB hub with two 8GB thumb drives - "Device unsupported." (but it was getting power)
  3. Single USB powered hard drive (500GB) - Device not attached (but it was getting power.)
  4. AC powered external USB hard drive (also 500GB) - Worked as expected. (inital read and load times were longer than normal, but that's expected as well.)
I don't have a powered USB hub to test, but I believe it would also fail.
I do not have a dual USB powered hardrive, but I believe it would work, if you know which is for power and which is for data. Plug the data cable into the car's USB, and the power cable into a USB car charger into the socket.

If some stuff is just missing, I'd suggest copying those missing folders back over for a 2nd attempt. Others have had 128gig usb drives work

the files are on the drive they are not being seen but this is not a hard drive this is a thumb drive. now i have a mental block on the vendor lol got to go look. my 64b works but only hold so much.

I realize that. Others have had 128gig thumb drives work in that thread. I was just stating that others have even used hard drives that were larger and they worked. Plug the drive into the computer and look. Do the folders you're looking for have the music in them when you look at a computer?

I realize that. Others have had 128gig thumb drives work in that thread. I was just stating that others have even used hard drives that were larger and they worked. Plug the drive into the computer and look. Do the folders you're looking for have the music in them when you look at a computer?
yeah it's a brand new drive and i copied it all from my external.

Back