Is this the 2013 Civic In Camouflage?

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2013 Honda Civic Spotted In Ohio???

click for larger version

Chad Davis snapped a pic of this white Honda Civic in Ohio yesterday. If you look close, the car is wearing Honda R&D license plates. As you can see, it's also been taped up as if to hide something. This naturally leads one to conclude that we could be getting an early look at the revised 2013 9th generation Civic, which is expected to be available this Fall.

Spot any differences?

• Staff
close comparison angle

5622558835_179a845b49_b.jpg

I dont see any difference from that angle.

It doesn't look much different to me. With it being white it's hard to see if any details to the body were changed or if it's just a shadow casting a weird way. I honestly don't think the refresh is going to be all that drastic like with the 8th gen (at least I thought that was a drastic change)

I don't see any differences, though I think that's the point when they cover it with tape :)

I'd be very surprised if they changed the body in any way on a first year refresh...that would really screw the original 9th gen owners

If there are any cosmetic exterior changes, it's probably very small as evidenced by the lack of much tape. Besides, the gripes seem to be mostly aimed at the interior.

From everything I've read on this refresh it was supposed to be a mid-gen refresh pushed sooner since the car got crap reviews in the beginning. It was hinted that it would have changed appearance inside and out slightly. Sure it would screw with the people who bought the car prior to that but Honda was trying to make it up to the seeming "majority" of those who didn't like it.

correct... this was one of the earlier articles discussing the refresh -

Honda Civic Redesign Info Discussed

13_G.sized.jpg

Honda Motor Co. has started a rush effort to improve and redesign its recently launched Civic compact in a bid to restore the vehicle’s competitive standing, according to dealers briefed on the move.

Honda plans to restyle the car’s front and rear ends, make its interior more plush and luxurious, and boost its fuel economy in hopes of reaching 40 miles per gallon in highway driving, said the dealers, attending a conference here.
The redesigned version will be launched late in 2012 as the 2013 version of the car, they said. The car was unveiled earlier this year and was met with disappointing reviews, although it remains a top seller among compact cars. A Honda spokesman had no immediate comment on the dealer meeting.

The effort to improve the Civic is part of a broader push by Honda to regain its competitive footing in the U.S. market, its largest and most profitable. At the meeting here, Honda showed the new version of the CR-V sport-utility vehicle due to be unveiled next month at the Detroit auto show, and showed renderings of the new Accord coupe, which will preview the look of an updated version of the company’s flagship midsized sedan, the dealers said.

With those new models coming into dealerships next year, Honda executives said the company is aiming to boost its U.S. vehicle sales in 2012 to 1.25 million vehicles, according to dealers who attended the day-long convention.

===

4 items mentioned for redesign in this article:
1) restyle the car’s front end
2) restyle the car's rear end
3) make its interior more plush and luxurious
4) boost its fuel economy in hopes of reaching 40 miles per gallon in highway driving

My question now is do you think that they will go through with it this soon since the car's reviews have since done a complete turnaround in most magazines/articles?

yes.. from individuals I've talked to, it's happening.

Did anyone else notice how everybody wanted to bash the new civic right after it came out? It was like everybody had already decided that they would NOT like the civic, period. Now that it's been out for awhile, everybody wants to change their minds; "Oh, maybe it's not such a bad little car, after all?..". Haters. As for the 2013 civic; I say go ahead and let them change it. That just means less Civic's looking like mine:) I, personally, have fallen in love with the body styling, and the bells and whistles on the steering wheel and dash are more than enough to keep me happy. I see my baby as $15,000 very well spent!

I have owned many Civics over the years, coupes, hatchbacks, DX, EX, Si. Including an 8th gen. I firmly believe that 9th Civic Si is by far the nicest and best that I have ever owned by far.

i'm gonna bet that it will look like the asian market version (like the one i got in Trinidad (Caribbean))

Back