Is this tire repairable?

Did anyone else get the rim/tire protection package from the dealer?. Tires are expensive and it sucks having to waste one because of nail. Im sure you can find a barely used one and save some bucks.

I had a similar experience but middle of the thread and I patched it, i go hard on it as well but i did my research and the location matters a lot. Buying a new one is the proper thing to do since it is more likely to be less reliable in the side than in the thread, if you drive it hard and goes flat in a turn much worse than if it goes flat as you gently roll calmly on your way to work so it is up to your driving habbits.

Did anyone else get the rim/tire protection package from the dealer?. Tires are expensive and it sucks having to waste one because of nail. Im sure you can find a barely used one and save some bucks.

I did, and this should be covered under it if the OP has it. Its not worth saving a bit of money for the safety of others and especially yourself. Most likely this tire will just be professionally repatched and sold at lower cost somewhere

You can bring it to a mechanic and see what they say. They may decide it's repairable.

I've always considered a sidewall puncture as the kiss of death for a tire.

touching the sidewall is a big NO NO. if we fixed that tire and you had a blow out on the interstate and destroyed your car.... guess who you call and expect to pay for it. no one is going to touch that and i would highly recommend you dont either.

Back