Jackson Racing announces R18 Rotrex Supercharger kit

You can email Jackson racing directly but I haven't heard anything. I'm pretty sure this would work on a 9th. I was looking through the install guide and it looks the same. I debate every other week pulling the trigger on this. If it wasn't $3,500 I would've done it already.

I emailed them before this post...but I'm sure you know the R18 struggle of wanting more power so I couldn't wait for them to answer lol, do you have the link to the install guide? I don't see it on their website

I know, only a year lol and I love my car I just hate the lack in power....kudos to you sir and thank you for the install guide :)

I just hate the lack in power...

That is what I love about this car!!! It's an econobox that can be pushed to its limits around the twists and turns with appropriate suspension modifications and steel balls :driving::excited::dancingcoolsmiley::turbospin::turbospin::turbospin:
I used to own an S60R and I have the fox... I enjoy this car MORE and those cars are fun as hell to drive!

To each his own, I just want to be able to pass the minivan in the fast lane going 45 in a 65 easier! LOL

That is what I love about this car!!! It's an econobox that can be pushed to its limits around the twists and turns with appropriate suspension modifications and steel balls :driving::excited::dancingcoolsmiley::turbospin::turbospin::turbospin:
I used to own an S60R and I have the fox... I enjoy this car MORE and those cars are fun as hell to drive!

There is no timeframe for the 2012+ civic SC system, they replied to my email this morning ):

Exactly my thoughts @Twitch, maybe I will be the guinea pig with this kit...and yea @Michal006 i wish but I still owe like 16k on this civic :( wish I got the Si but then again I got this car for such a good deal

Reactions: Nix
I don't see why it would not fit other than not being able to run the box tune. If you did the TIY kit with flash pro and a tuner you should have no issues. I'm 99% certain that is their issue. The kit, blower, piping, injectors, etc....and engines are the same. They just haven't test fit the system on a 2012+ Civic. Most likely I would bet on that being the case since flash pro was not available until recently.

Also, the 2012 with the AT should work, the 2013+ with the CVT probably will not be able to handle this kit. Size wise I also have no idea how much more space the CVT takes than the AT. I know the new WRX has a CVT option and is making a lot more power than this car and SC kit would but, the CVT is pretty new and people really have not tested the limits of it yet. I would hate for someone to blow up a very expensive CVT without the means to replace it after. Warranty will definitely not cover anything you do to your car once you install the Jackson SC.

One thing to consider depending on your transmission:

The AT unit is much larger than the manual version of this car. The intercooler piping with the kit has not been designed to clear the AT. If you have an auto you will not be able to run the intercooler/race kit setup. That limits how much power you can make. The manual trans guys have a lot more space in the area where the intercooler inlet/outlet piping goes.

I am unsure if the fitment is due to the ATF warmer, which can be bypassed and removed altogether.

Also, I've been on the fence about this upgrade for a while. If one of you guys wants to pull the trigger on this kit and it doesn't work, I would be willing to take it off your hands for probably near full price. Other than the FP you would have to buy, I would be willing to help out with anyone who wants to try and be the guinea pig and runs into a worst case scenario.

EDIT: Plus @Jake LXer and @Twitch , you guys are both from NY. I'm from upstate so worst case I drive up and meet you guys somewhere, do the parts swap, and then head back to Syracuse for install.

I had inquired if they would let me try it out and they just responded that it has been fitted on a 2012+ and cutting of the core support is required. They did not elaborate as to how much would need to cut.

Did they mean the frame or the crash bar? There is definitely room to cut the frame rails without compromising anything up front. Where the eh, I don't know how to describe it, but where the frame ends at the front of the car, there are these large squared off sections that crap just bolts to. There is definitely a dead area underneath that isn't supporting anything and is just taking up space. Being able to cut that with a torch is more than a bolt in job. I doubt they want to release a kit that requires people to use a torch.

Yeah they didn't elaborate all they said is "core support". I'm tying to get some more information. There is definitely places you can cut that are for manufacturing purposes only.

I that's more their problem. They don't want to change the kit for a few model years and they aren't going to tell people to cut up the car

Last edited:
and response
"Cutting of the sore support takes away from the structural safety of the car. We do not recommend it."

And most aftermarket parts are labeled "for off-road use only"

They just don't want to be responsible. Same with the guys who replace their aluminum crash bar with a much smaller but stronger steel bar for intercooler clearance. That company doesn't want be held liable for telling you to remover/replace OEM crash and safety equipment. They have to give the approved insurance covered answer. Doesn't mean no, but its not a yes.

Back