JAYBLS' 2012 CBP Si Sedan

JAYBLS

So, I've decided to make a build thread because I'm gonna go ahead with a small build. I had planned on leaving this car as stock as possible, but it seems that a few bolt-ons could yield a significant boost in performance and possibly even fuel economy and I've also kind of come to a semi-committed decision to keep this car for more than just a couple years.

So far, here are the mods:

Suspension/wheels:
D2 RS 36-way adjustable coilovers
WedsSport TC105N 17x8.5 +32 (stock all-seasons for now)

Exterior:
Grfxpressions taillight overlays
Plastidip'd emblems

Interior:
Grfxpressions Fat Boy shift knob
TWM short shifter

Lighting:
Morimoto-35w ballasts, H1 4500K bulbs, Mini H1projectors, Mini Gatling shrouds
TRFS.com high beam splitters
eBay LED brake lights

Random:
CorSport aluminum shifter cable bushings

Engine management:
FlashPro etuned by VitViper

Performance:
PRL Motorsports RBC manifold and ZDX throttle body adapters
RBC intake manifold w/bored throttle body inlet
ZDX throttle body
Greddy Momentum intake
Ultimate Racing catless 3" DP
Ultimate Racing exhaust w/ 2nd muffler option

Future plans:
EFR turbo
BBK (Brembo or Stoptech most likely)
Possibly '13 EX-L black interior (seat covers, door panels, steering wheel)
Kplayground CF grill
Modulo rep front lip
Powder coat wheels (haven't decided on a color yet. Definitely not pink or teal or any weird colors like that)
245/40-17 Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Here are a couple pics before I blacked out the emblems. More can be found in my intro/picture thread. I'll post more pictures that are build-oriented in here as I install parts.

D7K_9621_zpsd5c2848d.jpg

D7K_9629_zpse60539da.jpg

D7K_9640_zps7294a2d8.jpg

Last edited:
I'm digging the ride. :thumb:

I can't wait for future mods.

Ultimate Racing catless DP and second muffler optioned exhaust as well as Greddy Momentum intake just ordered. Purty excited.

That's going to sound nice.

Alright, I ditched the injectors and fuel pump as I won't be needing them. Just ordered the PRL RBC/ZDX kit, manifold bored to 70mm and injector holes machined to accept stock injectors. Other than possibly a Type R valve cover, I think I'm done spending money on this car for a while.

I'm guessing about 210-220 from what I've seen. I'm hoping for 220, but I'll be happy as long as it is a noticeable increase in performance and fuel economy. I'm fairly confident I'll be satisfied.

Alright, I ditched the injectors and fuel pump as I won't be needing them. Just ordered the PRL RBC/ZDX kit, manifold bored to 70mm and injector holes machined to accept stock injectors. Other than possibly a Type R valve cover, I think I'm done spending money on this car for a while.
I don't think the Type-R valve cover will fit the K24. jnastii confirmed that K20 valve covers cannot be used for K24 engines. Your car will sound so good with a ZDX tb. :drooling:

I don't think the Type-R valve cover will fit the K24. jnastii confirmed that K20 valve covers cannot be used for K24 engines. Your car will sound so good with a ZDX tb. :drooling:
Ya I read up on that. I think sleepingpanda said he knew someone that tried it and didn't work. I'll just have to do the VHT wrinkle paint, if I do it at all.

Yeah. You save more money that way. And you won't have to deal with an extra valve cover sitting in the basement or garage.

Oh, I forgot to mention: I changed my kind on the RRC manifold because, after a little research, I learned the extra $230 would be better spent on beer...or pretty much anything else fun. There have been multiple comparisons of the two manifolds and it seems as if a ported RBC is the way to go.

Got my new tail lights installed. I really like them. The running light ribbons are just as good, if not better, than I expected. The LED brake lights are also awesome. The turn signals and reverse lights, however, are sub-par. The assembly as a whole is very close to OEM in appearance and quality, which is something we all know aftermarket tail lights, and headlights for that matter, always lack in tremendous proportions. The only gripe I have about the them in general is that they're just a tiny bit too bright red. Not the light output but the assemblies themselves.

I only have a couple shitty cell phone pictures of the running light ribbons for now, but I figured I'd share anyway.

D3C107DC-D060-4BD3-AFF1-4586B91AAAC4-2165-000001AB23534392.jpg

60AE19A4-1CD2-4851-B368-66CAA4538345-2165-000001AB217EED5D.jpg

Back