JAYBLS' 2012 CBP Si Sedan

I've read and heard mixed reviews about Wilwood. Stoptech seems to have a pretty solid reputation. I never know until I use a product for myself.

Wilwood superlite caliper is very good.
Piston material on some stop tech calipers is inferior.

Stay away from:
Hawk hps(HPShit)
Wilwood dynalite
EBC red, yellow

Last edited:
I have EBC redstuff. For the price, they aren't worth it.

Axxis/PBR Ultimates are the only performance street pad I'd run on the street if I can't buy Performance Friction Z-rated. The rest are junk. HP+,EBC, Stoptech street, etc.

Trophy Sport is their higher end race caliper.. sure that's the one? The regular stoptech kit is 2k.. the trophy sport is like 3500 or so for the fronts.
SS pistons are superior to Aluminum.

Last edited:
Yup, those are the ones I want. $3500 seemed like the standard price for the kind of brake kit I was looking for.

Edit* this depends on if they even make that kit for my car. So far they have the $2k ST40 based kit advertised on their website as being new for the '13 ILX/'12 Civic Si, but they're not even for sale yet. I suppose I could be okay with those. I'd definitely love to spend $2k rather than $3500 if I can help it.

Last edited:
Dropped my car off at the body shop this morning. I won't have it for probably 2-4 weeks. Here's a couple pictures of the damage.
null-5.jpg

null-6.jpg

So my car won't be all original body and paint anymore and it's only a little over a year old. I guess that means I don't have to worry so much about more irreversible mods anymore as I'll be keeping this car til it's dead, most likely. It probably won't be quite the same car in a few years from now.

Ouch. It doesn't seem like the doors are hit, at least.

They're not. It's just the rocker panel. It'll require some cutting and welding I'm sure, but it's fine. If it weren't for a Carfax or something there'd be no way to tell it's been repaired once its done with the damage being where it is. Just cosmetic.

2 weeks is already a lot of time.
4 is unreasonable for the little amount of damage, I know that panal will be harder to fix/replace than most, but still...
My dad has worked in a body shop for 20+ years, and I know there's no way that should take longer than 2 weeks.

EDIT: i'm just saying...maybe try a different shop if it isn't too late

Last edited:
They said 10 days today. We'll see. It's definitely been reported to insurance. I'm not paying for this **** out of pocket.

Car should be out of the shop by Friday. This ******* '12 Jetta rental is so boring and smells like several people have smoked in it with the windows up and the A/C on recirculate.

I've decided I have to give up on the idea of doing the '13 EX-L interior swap on my car. It wouldn't be worth the amount of money it would take since the door panels wouldn't match up with the dash anyway. So, as a cheaper and equally pleasing alternative, I've decided to just get seats and do some DIY carbon fiber accent pieces, for which I will write up a how-to with pictures when I do. I've been doing a lot of reading about CF wrapping parts and it seems fairly straightforward, but like anything it takes time and finesse to get it looking perfect. I'm leaning toward Stätus Racing SPA reclinable carbon fiber seats in red suede, and possibly their red harnesses to match. I haven't made a definitive decision about that yet, though. I just know I want seats that are more supportive than the stock units if I can't do what I wanted with the OEM leather swap.

Reactions: Nix
Back