JDM yellow foglights

eric.schwartz.

Hello all,

Here's a question for everyone. I'm trying to look for those JDM yellow fog lights for my 2014 Civic Si coupe. Does anyone know where I can get them where is it just the yellow film tent that I have to buy? Also, has anyone replace the stock OEM fog light bulbs with brighter bulbs at all? I was wondering your thoughts on this. Thanks for any input.

Heat is a problem. Heat can end up melting the film over time even with the stock bulbs. Some people replace their film over time, and others use a 3000k nokya bulb without film.... if you're just after a yellow look.

Heat is a problem. Heat can end up melting the film over time even with the stock bulbs. Some people replace their film over time, and others use a 3000k nokya bulb without film.... if you're just after a yellow look.
I'm looking for the yellow look / the yellow tint on the road of course haha and I also want to project the yellow color on the road far and great if that makes any sense to you. Just like in those pictures but I don't want it to melt that quickly and have to maintain it really frequently

hid's would be the best for distance/strength, but I have no idea what your budget is. It's obviously easier/cheaper to throw in some nokya yellow bulbs.

hid's would be the best for distance/strength, but I have no idea what your budget is. It's obviously easier/cheaper to throw in some nokya yellow bulbs.
Actually, since we're talking about it for a minute now, what are the prices are decent HIDs for the fog lights? Also, can the stock factory wiring harness handle the output of HIDs for the fog light housing?

Some hid kits come with a wire harness, and others don't. A wire harness can be purchased anywhere from 10-40 dollars depending on where you buy it. Same with hid's. You can pay ~$30 dollars to ~$200ish on a kit. The HID warranty is only as good as the company offering it.

Some hid kits come with a wire harness, and others don't. A wire harness can be purchased anywhere from 10-40 dollars depending on where you buy it. Same with hid's. You can pay ~$30 dollars to ~$200ish on a kit. The HID warranty is only as good as the company offering it.
Well honestly, which one would you recommend? Hid kit, or brighter bulbs, or just the JDM yellow tint film?

Tinted bulbs will reduce light output slightly over stock. Films will be blocking light as well. If you're really looking for better output, there isn't a comparison ...go HID. You can get yellow color by getting 3k hid bulbs.

Tinted bulbs will reduce light output slightly over stock. Films will be blocking light as well. If you're really looking for better output, there isn't a comparison ...go HID. You can get yellow color by getting 3k hid bulbs.
Okay, so your suggestion is to get 3k hid high output bulbs for my fog lights? Who would install them for me though? Just pepboys or someone like that? Or a special speed shop?

bumper removal -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCeXxNhZ_hY

wire harness - (he's plugging it into the stock low beam/high beam - you'd just be doing it for the fog light connection instead

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaySEBCzViY

If this is not something you could do, you'd have to find a speed shop most likely, or someone local to you. A forum member here may be willing to do it. For people who've taking bumpers on/off.... or done this before, it could be done in like 30-45 min. People who've done it numerous times can have the bumper off in under 5 min.

bumper removal -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCeXxNhZ_hY

wire harness - (he's plugging it into the stock low beam/high beam - you'd just be doing it for the fog light connection instead

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaySEBCzViY

If this is not something you could do, you'd have to find a speed shop most likely, or someone local to you. A forum member here may be willing to do it. For people who've taking bumpers on/off.... or done this before, it could be done in like 30-45 min. People who've done it numerous times can have the bumper off in under 5 min.

Yeah, I was just going to say I would find the speed shop that could do it for me. Now you recommend 3 K HID bulbs for the fog lights right? To the stock wiring harness handle it or you said they come with their own wiring harness right? In addition, what I also need yellow tint for the fog lights because they won't shine yellow naturally right? Existing we enough, I didn't think about HIDs seriously for my fog lights before just a stock standard yellow JDM tint but interesting concept though.

3k hid bulbs will shine yellow. No need for tint. Bulbs come in various colors from 3k to 15k. Yellow going towards white to blue...to purple etc as the number goes higher. 3k is yellow. Get a wire harness/relay if the kit you buy doesn't come with one. Xenon depot's higher end kit has a wire harness included. theretrofitsource has kits with their relay included as well. Some ebay kits won't, but you can buy harnesses separately online if you buy a kit elsewhere. Just know that if you have a problem with bulbs/ballasts down the road, most ebay shops will be gone & you'll be buying another kit.

h1djr4E.jpg

3k hid bulbs will shine yellow. No need for tint. Bulbs come in various colors from 3k to 15k. Yellow going towards white to blue...to purple etc as the number goes higher. 3k is yellow. Get a wire harness/relay if the kit you buy doesn't come with one. Xenon depot's higher end kit has a wire harness included. theretrofitsource has kits with their relay included as well. Some ebay kits won't, but you can buy harnesses separately online if you buy a kit elsewhere. Just know that if you have a problem with bulbs/ballasts down the road, most ebay shops will be gone & you'll be buying another kit.

h1djr4E.jpg
Oh I think you so so much for the information. I didn't realize that 3k HID bulbs were yellow by default naturally. That's actually cuz I still want the JDM look but I also wanted a brighter light of course. Sweet. Is there a best online store you have bought from before though? Which includes everything that I can then bring into a speed shop and have them install it for me? Thanks again[emoji39]

dealt with both shops, and they've both been around for years.

http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-HID-Kit-Xtreme-HID-p/xt-h11.htm
coupon code: "9THCIVIC" - $25 off
comes with the harness/relay

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-h11.html
comes with the harness/relay

just pick 3k on the bulb color dropdown
Hey thanks again for your help I appreciate it! So again with a 3k hID fog light kit from either one of these companies online, they will come out looking yellow and brighter than the stock OEM bulb set up right?

3k hid will be yellow and brighter than other halogen bulbs or tinted films... they're HID. Either company will be provide the same look

Back