Joe's Super Clean R18 Build Thread - March '14 & 15' ROTM Winner

new favorite spot for shoots!

16103325658_8f964e995c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Benz backed into it, fortunately they offered to pay for damages. Also got everything on the dash cam:wigglesmiley: just kind of ruined my day though..

That's sucks man. On the up side, it can be fix and they are paying for it. Hope it all goes well and smooth for you. And also hope the body shop does a good job doing the repair.

@derekfriedrice
so i recently invested in a dash cam, the Mobius action cam..

maxresdefault.jpg

in the next couple weeks i will be hard-wiring this little guy to the car but in the meantime, here's a short pull recorded with it.

it's not that quick but you can never get enough of that WOT sound :thumbsup:

I recently got new tires mounted and balanced. Since then, I've noticed a lot of shaking in the car while driving at highway speeds. The steering wheel would also wobble violently. This has happened to me before and the source of the problem was that the lugs weren't tightened down enough. Assuming it'd be the same quick fix, I tightened the lugs more and more, yet the issue persisted! Frustrated, I gave it one more try and tightened them again. Suddenly, SNAP! The wheel stud snapped completely off with one of the lugs...:pat:

IMG_0824_zpsd1nlxb7l.jpg

and you know what? the culprit of the problem wasn't that the tires weren't balanced correctly or that the lugs weren't tight enough. after carefully looking at my hubs, i realized that i had a pair of old hubcentric rings (which were the wrong size now) warped onto the hubs from my pass wheel setup. boy i felt so dumb...

however i did learn how easy it was to replace the studs today. lesson learned!

Last edited:
Wow. That could have been a lot worse. I'm presently researching about hub centric rings for the winter wheels I just bought. The last tire shop I was at was telling me they weren't even necessary. :pat:

hub rings would definitely add some stability to your aftermarket wheels.

but if you use them, just make sure you remember that they're there and you won't make the same mistake I did lol.

I'm trying to find out what the bore diameter is of our LXs. You wouldn't happen to know would you? It looks to be about 63 mm. ?

Back