Joe's Super Clean R18 Build Thread - March '14 & 15' ROTM Winner

been a while since i've posted but here's an update.

had to use the car for work the past couple months so emblems and wheels were swapped. currently running on '13 Si wheels with 20mm spacers. had an alignment done to OE specs and fitment is bueno :thumbsup: battery also gave in so i dropped a optima yellow top in it.

currently on the search for new wheel setup so stay tuned..

IMG_1019_zpsztddlsox.jpg

IMG_1017_zpssemfrx2e.jpg

Last edited:
i took up a job that involves a lot of traveling from dealer to dealer, driving around a thousand miles a month and on many types of roads. the stretched tire fitment was a bit too uncomfortable for that kind of driving. my front jdm emblem also cracked after the front bumper incident.

i start a new job in the city at the end of the month where I can bike/bus to and from work so the car can finally get some love again.

i'm surprised how many looks i still get looking so oem :wigglesmiley:

OEM+ can do a lot. Small subtle changes. Like wheel spacers people can't see. They know they like the look but they can't figure out what it is. Why does that guys civic look so good? They think to themselves. hahaha

can't wait to see what the new wheels are. Wheel shopping is tough! Too many nice choices.

yeah the spacers really bring everything together. i'm still one finger gap all around and it's just about perfectly flush. i'd definitely recommend 20mm spacers for anyone running these wheels.

Hey guys, so I'm having an issue with my coil overs and I was wondering if someone with experience can chime in.

Because i've opted for a more oem looking setup, I've had to raise the height on my megan ez streets. Since then I've been hearing a consistent rattle at the rear when driving over bumpy roads. Granted I am at max height on the rear spring perch but could that be the issue? Is my spring rattling against the collars as they compress&depress?

The picture below isn't what it looks like but is a good reference. Right now, I have just enough threads on the perch left to sit on the highest coil of the spring. PS ignore the arrows.

106418d1403787238-megan-ezstreet-2011-optima-lx-back-lowering-problem-untitled2.jpg

I'm looking into investing in a pair of TEIN rubber silencers but not 100% on whether or not that would mediate the issue I'm having.

What do you guys think? Any information would be appreciated!

Did you reset preload on the springs after raising them? Also make sure everything is tight, including collars against each other

Collars are tight. It's been 3 years when I first bought my coilovers since I've touched the preload. I was told to not touch them, only the spring perch for height adjustment. Funny how I'm maxed out in the rear and only have a half finger gap or so..

Collars are tight. It's been 3 years when I first bought my coilovers since I've touched the preload. I was told to not touch them, only the spring perch for height adjustment. Funny how I'm maxed out in the rear and only have a half finger gap or so..
It should be a combination of spring and strut to change height

It just doesn't add up though. There was no noise when I was lower. Raising the perch should have put more compression on the spring.

Check two things:
1. your exhaust might be rubbing against something when you go over bumps causing the rattling sound.
2. Your sway bar endlinks might have come loose and started to rattle

has anyone had a tpms replaced? Cost?

just got the warning today and all tires are at the correct psi. Its been consistently on the entire day.

i think the battery died on one of them. thought they'd last longer..had the car since Sept 2011 46kmiles

qujadapy.jpg

Last edited:
Back