JonnyRotten's 2014 CBP FG4 build thread

Don't worry @Sleepingpanda I don't have near the budget you have. If I can save up for coilovers and buy them without my wife killing me I'll be happy.
I'm actually surprised that I was allowed to trade my 2012 but I had good reason. It was to help with my OCD. :pout:

I don't have the budget either. I'm just a moron. Lol. Id be better off lighting the money on fire. Hahaha

Well I've had the car for a few days now so it's time to start making it the way I like it. First mod for me. Debadged my car.:brock:(sorry the pics aren't great)
I was going to remove the Si symbol from the front grill as well until I had a closer look and realized that on the 2014 it's moulded right into the grill. The only way to remove it would be to replace the grill with a non Si grill if it fits. :(

Before:

Car rear view with badges.jpg Rear view Civic badge.jpg Rear view Si badge.jpg Side view iVTEC decal.jpg

After:

Rear view badges removed 2.jpg Car side view decal removed.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good @JonnyRotten ! I picked up a '13 HFP in June and I'm extremely jealous of the new phone interface / touchscreen. Although I haven't seen it first hand I hear it's pretty awesome w/ iPhone. What are your thoughts??

Looking good @JonnyRotten ! I picked up a '13 HFP in June and I'm extremely jealous of the new phone interface / touchscreen. Although I haven't seen it first hand I hear it's pretty awesome w/ iPhone. What are your thoughts??
Well I had a 2012 Si coupe so I can compare the two cars. Now I don't want to sound like a spoiled child but I love this new car compared to my previous one.
Honda has made tons of little improvements that really nice. I'm enjoying finding out about all the new stuff.
The mechanical part of the car is pretty much the same which is great because I love the way this car drives and feels on the road. Of course the upgraded suspension is nice but I'm waiting for someone to develop some coilovers so I can drop the car a little bit.
Like I've mentioned before, the Canadian cars come pretty much fully loaded.
The new touch screen is really nice and it's very clean looking as well. I like the fact that it's much like a tablet. No buttons. I'm hoping that once Apple's CarPlay gets released I can get a software update to enable it. @mrmattdouglas I really like the HFP 18" wheels! I'd love to have a set of those.

Well I've had the car for a few days now so it's time to start making it the way I like it. First mod for me. Debadged my car.:brock:(sorry the pics aren't great)
I was going to remove the Si symbol from the front grill as well until I had a closer look and realized that on the 2014 it's moulded right into the grill. The only way to remove it would be to replace the grill with a non Si grill if it fits. :(

Before:

View attachment 36995 View attachment 36996 View attachment 36997 View attachment 36999

After:

View attachment 36998 View attachment 37000
@MrsJrotax101 you don't like my crappy debadging pics? :turbobananapoke:

Congrats, I've had mine for a few days and it feels like its the next generation compared to the 2012 I had. You can really notice almost all the differences within the first few minutes, when it comes to how it drives.

This is the only picture I have so far.
uqede7u2.jpg
Is it just me or the 14's double din looks like the size of an iPad lol

Congrats, good lookin car.
Congrats, I've had mine for a few days and it feels like its the next generation compared to the 2012 I had. You can really notice almost all the differences within the first few minutes, when it comes to how it drives.
Thanks guys! I'm really enjoying this new car and yes @Word3k the 2014 feels like a totally different car compared to the 2012. I'm glad I upgraded.

Back