Json's Build thread!!!

ac3jason

Maryland, Germantown
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So i just recently bought my car and I am very interested in upgrades. But... i dont really know anything about them, or where to look! I enjoy browsing. I like looking into what's out there before I actually buy something. Based on my current knowledge I am mostly interested in getting upgrades to make it a fun street car. I want to up my whp quite a bit but I don't want to be at the point where things start to fall apart. So any info is of value to me.

My first upgrade will probably be Tein street advance coilovers. I want to eliminate the wheel gap and get that performance for better feel on turning.

Also want to get ssr wheels or rays. Rays ce28n bronze.... are a bit too expensive but those are my dream wheels.
Im open to any wheel suggestions.

Main thing holding me back from getting wheels/tires is my lack of knowledge on offset and wheel width preference. Also dont know much about tire sizes. I will probably get pilots for summer setup. I'll learn soon though.

Any info on wheel/tires would be greatly appreciated!

Then 24 or 22mm progress sway bar. I want the 24mm but I'm not sure if that could lead to complications in the future.

uploadfromtaptalk1432059960508.png

Last edited:
wealth of informational links in my signature below. There is endless information about each item you're interested in here. A lot just depends on your budget, and what you personally like. If you have specific questions, there are links that can be posted to point you in the right direction.

Welcome! I would recommend buying your parts mostly from Corsportusa.com or Procivic.com , both vendors on this site. They have excellent customer feedback and fast shipping.

Welcome! I would recommend buying your parts mostly from Corsportusa.com or Procivic.com , both vendors on this site. They have excellent customer feedback and fast shipping.
Thank you very much. Appreciate the links. Time to start browsing! [emoji48]

c6be178e49a6ca7a6171318f334e43ae.jpg

9f8fec6a5fb6ff7f7caf8e8d0fccb261.jpg

Finished! A lil messed up. The plastic stuck onto the tape. Thinking about really painting it now that I know how it looks black.

What do you plan on doing to your car next?

Cdv delete this or next week. And my prl stainless steel clutch line that just arrived today! ^_^

d469f5781c562800eaca852f52d8760e.jpg

I'll post pics when it happens.

Reactions: Nix
Light aftermarket wheels should be on your list as well.:wink1:

I'd really like to see someone attempt to run a thinner front sway from one of the earlier model year cars instead of just a larger rear. The effect would be the same and a lot cheaper. You also won't run the risk of overloading all the mounting points with stiffer and stiffer large diameter bars. At most it would be bushings, some bolts, and the bar itself. The end link part numbers are the same from 2012 to 2015.

So you're sure getting a smaller front would be better financially and still achieve the same effect as me getting a 22/24mm rear sway? I was actually considering going with 22. But if getting a smaller front one really does do the same thing...

The effect should be the same. I still think you should get the 22mm rear bar. Its just the price increase to the 24mm is huge. Honda has been changing the sway bar sizes every year on this car. It seems like they increase the front and rear sizes together which lessens the effect of the larger rear bar. Swapping to a 1 or 2 mm smaller front bar will help restore the positive change of the larger rear sway to the highly noticeable feel that the earlier cars had and be a minimal difference in the front. The front bar is only ~$50 or so. I have to double check on what the sizes were from year to year.

Overall if its just a street driven car the 22mm alone should be a massive improvement. These bars will change the way the car drives and handles a ton. Going to a really big rear bar like the 24mm will make the car handle very differently. You can certainly get yourself into trouble if you massively change the handling dynamics of the car and aren't ready for what can happen. Especially at highway speeds. Not trying to scare you off of one of the best mods out there, just making a case for incremental changes and feeling out what each change does and deciding what you want out of the car and what you haven't gotten from changes you've made.

24698f824d83884e73c4fccc9614b9ce.jpg

Finally got some work done! Got my cdv removed and installed my prl stainless steel clutch line. Hoping to get my rsb on soon. Gotta order moog bushings first. Might get moog endlinks too. Stay tuned!

Sorry for reposting the same pic of my car. Decided to post the collage I used on instagram.

I love the difference these 2 mods made. Car feels more responsive when shifting!

143f4c0033bcc9b6eed6ff09606a4c65.jpg

16d7c5285c7d220714ad92187727037a.jpg

0d582db60da7049329bc7fd41e19c218.jpg

ce82800a307f1691aba7568115f564e3.jpg

Had an alignment done 3 days ago. Just got my baby polished/waxed today. Used some claybar on the hood. Even buffed out some scuff marks on the hood and trunk! The car took some damage within the past month with the dragon trip... drove 2.3k miles in 4 days. Decided to give it some extra love for keeping me safe.

Last edited:
Back