Just joined! Need a lil help fixing up my car...

Kayekster

Hi everyone, I’m Kaye and I’m just new here. I need a little help on fixing my 2013 LX. I just want to fix it up just for looks with minimalistic appeal, nothing over the top or mods under the hood for a small budget. It’s my first time doing anything with a car, I would appreciate suggestions and tips on what to get and what to do exactly.

So far what I’ve done is I just recently bought 17" the Sparco Assetto Gara for it. I noticed there was a big wheel gap and I’m not liking how it looks that way. Any suggestions how i can lower it down cost effectively? i am just doing it for looks no other mods other than getting tints and visors, and thats it.. perhaps fog lights the most. Thank you!!!

2016-03-16.jpg

sweet thank you!!! very helpful information. How much do you think it costs to get these installed? so all i need is to buy these springs and get them installed? or do i still need to buy those coils? sorry just so clueless

Last edited:
Just the springs. I just bought the D2 lowering springs for my 2013 EX Sedan. Haven't installed them yet. I know they give a 2 inch drop though. I have not read a bad review and actually there is someone on the forums that has the same springs installed on his car too. I'll see if I can find him and tag him here so he can get a response in since he has ridden on the springs. Also, welcome to the forums!

Edit:: Found! @alka.asyan

I'm running the D2 springs on my 2014 LX and it makes the car look so sexy...worth every penny...but with these springs the front still looks kind of high to me...so i added the A-style lip and it gives the car a much more aggressive look

**I have a sedan as well...nice car btw!

Welcome to the forum. One thing to remember when lowering the car, most of the time it will change the camber on the tires so it can create uneven wear. When installing lowering springs I would recommend some adjustable camber arms for the rear and maybe some bolts for the front. Usually the fronts are not as affected as the rear but the bolts are not expensive.
Rear Camber Arms Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJ1OP00?colid=4E9D3W935RR5&coliid=I3A4EJXROXHAJ8&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl
It says they don't fit but they do.
Front Camber Bolts http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-69_83/product-799/index.html

Hello and welcome,

I remember clearly when I was asking the exact same questions as you so ask away.
I would recommend the Eibach ProKit Springs. These springs will drop your car to make the ugly wheel gap go away, but not too much so that you will need extra support (cambers arms). Your stock suspension parts will be to handle the lowering without problem. My car is on these springs.

You basically have all your cost-effective wheel gap minimization recommendations provided already..... So ill just say welcome and enjoy the car.

thanks guys for your recommendations! i'll try to figure out how i can get these done. thanks!

it was recommended to drop it 1.5 and 1, what you think? i live where we have snow every winter so that's one consideration. they said 2 and 2.5 is too low for those conditions? its a daily driven car

Hello and welcome,

I remember clearly when I was asking the exact same questions as you so ask away.
I would recommend the Eibach ProKit Springs. These springs will drop your car to make the ugly wheel gap go away, but not too much so that you will need extra support (cambers arms). Your stock suspension parts will be to handle the lowering without problem. My car is on these springs.

do you have a closer picture for the wheel gap you have now? its so hard for me to imagine how it would look. my concern is snow.... when snow is high in my area and this is my daily driven car, i need something that can get by.. im debating on the H&R and the one you have

Welcome to the forum!

@Pauly99to17 is the person to ask about snow. Everyone has pretty much already covered all the spring options you have for basic lowering so I will just throw in that you should consider a set of winter tires if you don't already have them since you are concerned with the snowfall in your area.

do you have a closer picture for the wheel gap you have now? its so hard for me to imagine how it would look. my concern is snow.... when snow is high in my area and this is my daily driven car, i need something that can get by.. im debating on the H&R and the one you have
We get a ton of snow here. No problems other than the occasionally brown ice chunk that hits the bottom of the car. It's rare and is not causing any damage.

image.jpg

Back