Just redid my grill. Much better airflow

Phroze

Oklahoma City, Ok
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
So with the intercooler now in front of the radiator, not much air was hitting the radiator. My ECT was getting up to ~210 (i know it's not THAT hot, but i'm used to it being around 185). So i decided to take out the plastic piece in the center and replace it with some steel mesh.

Here's some pics

Attachments

• 20130828_183416.jpg
    20130828_183416.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 430
  • 20140615_135840.jpg
    20140615_135840.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 213
Imo, it looks awesome without that upper piece. Can you post pics of the front from a farther distance?

Looks good! ..... What was involved in removing the bumper bar?

Also just my view, but I think I'd do some colour mods to the radiator and maybe the wire mesh......... But do like the look.

The plastic piece is only held on my clips. Very easy to remove, but i think the top solid part of it covers up the crash beam, so it might not look very pretty for a N/A car.

Here's a couple more pics from a greater distance... sorry for the messy garage lol

Attachments

• 20140615_182447.jpg
    20140615_182447.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 171
  • 20140615_182506.jpg
    20140615_182506.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 153
Looks good! ..... What was involved in removing the bumper bar?

Also just my view, but I think I'd do some colour mods to the radiator and maybe the wire mesh......... But do like the look.

Yeah i was thinking about spray painting it red, but once i got started and got it cut to size and fitting correctly, i was frustrated with it so i just said **** it and left well enough alone.

Looks even better in the full pic's ......... And you have plenty of time to colour later if you want.

So with the intercooler now in front of the radiator, not much air was hitting the radiator. My ECT was getting up to ~210 (i know it's not THAT hot, but i'm used to it being around 185). So i decided to take out the plastic piece in the center and replace it with some steel mesh.

Here's some pics
oh dear....

i may need a new pair of boxers

3udysynu.jpg
6uma6u9e.jpg

Water will always go in the engine bay during the rain. I wouldn't worry about the rain when that piece is removed BC the only components that are exposed are the radiator, ic, and the mini collision bar.

I dont know.. I was looking at it.. And i can see alot of water getting in there when u drive.. Especially on the highway with other cars i. Front of you

The more i look at it the better it looks.. It looks original.. GottA figure out what color screen ill go with

Back