K&n typhoon intake

eric.schwartz.

Hi everyone I've got a new 2014 Civic Si and in a few weeks I plan on putting a K&N typhoon intake on to it. Will I see a lot of horsepower gains even with the stock OEM exhaust system? I know about opening up and free up the exhaust but then Honda for 2014 and 2015 make the exhaust system bigger on the 2014 vs 2013 model year? Thanks for any input, I appreciate it.

Hi everyone I've got a new 2014 Civic Si and in a few weeks I plan on putting a K&N typhoon intake on to it. Will I see a lot of horsepower gains even with the stock OEM exhaust system? I know about opening up and free up the exhaust but then Honda for 2014 and 2015 make the exhaust system bigger on the 2014 vs 2013 model year? Thanks for any input, I appreciate it.

The only intakes to show gains are 3.5" intakes (e.g. PRL SRI or CAI). All others have shown no increase in power or even a loss in power.

Honda has not changed the size of the exhaust for any iteration of the 9th gen.

The only intakes to show gains are 3.5" intakes (e.g. PRL SRI or CAI). All others have shown no increase in power or even a loss in power.

Honda has not changed the size of the exhaust for any iteration of the 9th gen.
Well the k&n intake will make power gains then correct?I mean opening up the intake,usually has that effect. Lol

Is the k&n intake that size diameter? Your posting wasn't clear. Thank you. I don't know the size of it.

No it is not. Only PRL and Rick Spec'd are 3.5". There have been no independent dyno's done to show gains with a Rick Spec'd, but the design is very similar to PRL.

Also, you must have a custom tune in order to run a 3.5" intake.

No it is not. Only PRL and Rick Spec'd are 3.5". There have been no independent dyno's done to show gains with a Rick Spec'd, but the design is very similar to PRL.

Also, you must have a custom tune in order to run a 3.5" intake.
With my previous cars 2000 Si and '03 RSX, I put short ran intakes on them and boasted some power gains. I'm looking for the same thing here obviously.

With my previous cars 2000 Si and '03 RSX, I put short ran intakes on them and boasted some power gains. I'm looking for the same thing here obviously.

Not going to happen simply by putting an intake on this car.

Which intake would you suggest, and aren't tunes expensive? I wasn't looking to spend that much money. I've never had to so this on any of my previous cars before though either.

Either of the PRLs: $180-$400
Hondata: $695
eTune from VitViper: $199
Dyno tune locally: Rates very, but expect $300 plus.

I paid $775 for FlashPro and Ultimate Tune from Vittune website

I paid $775 for FlashPro and Ultimate Tune from Vittune website
Comments when I just remember was that even on K and then website under typhoon intake for civic models, they say that the addition of 10 horsepower is without an exhaust or a tune. They also said that for the additional 10 pounds of torque for the car as well from their webpage.

Back