k24 motor eats oil again???

I drove my si hard after the first 1000 and drove to miami from charlotte 750+ miles it ate almost all of the oil. After changing the oil on 5000 tell now 6800 always drive it hard not a single drop is gone same level. Why? I dont know.

I have heard the same thing, once changed they seem to stop, WTF I don't get it!!

seems a few members of this site have this issue... keep a watch on the oil levels and please post your updates here. I know there were others who said they were not running into vtec much at all and still had oil loss.

That would be me. I hit vtec maybe once or twice a WEEK and I'm still down about 1/2 a quart, sitting at 5100 miles on odometer.

I have 1800 miles on my Si and it was a quart low. I took it into the dealer. They said it is normal for the Si to go through a quart of oil every 1500 miles. Which sounds absolutely crazy to me. I can't recall exact numbers but I believe my owners manual says I should expect to get 4000-8000 miles before an oil change is needed. If it losses a quart every 1500 I'll be lucky to even have oil in it to change.

Heres honda's take on maintance and oil changes

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/video...oTime=1:12&videoFile=MM_Accord.flv&videoID=MM

your dealer told you all si's will be recalled for new rings in a month? :whiteflag:

Recall? Wow that's crazy. But this thin does eat oil I had check oil light come on twice before my first oil change. N since I did the oil change I had to add a quart halfway between what was marked on the sticker. Going for one next week. Car does drive funny when it needs oil tho. Excessive revving.

Back with disappointing 1/4 of the oil is gone 2000k after oil change ='( .... WHY WHY WHY we neeeeeed answers.

read post 15 - but we need a dealership to confirm there is a bulletin coming, or what's going on

they better be giving out loaner cars for freee if it turns into a recall

If they did issue a recall on the rings, what would the est. time for replacing the rings?

When/if there really is a recall, it will say the estimated time for the work.

Totally, those dudes put big money into the turbos. They move quick for being so big!

I had a Ford f-350 race me off the line, first time I chirped the tires going into second, we were neck and neck until I hit vtec in 3rd gear. Those things are fast!

Back