k24 motor eats oil again???

I had a Ford f-350 race me off the line, first time I chirped the tires going into second, we were neck and neck until I hit vtec in 3rd gear. Those things are fast!

Best part is you wasted half the gas he did. Lol

There is not a bulletin on this but there is a mention of it in a techline document. It states that if there is excessive oil consumption the replacement of rings and/or pistons may be required. I am not aware of an upcoming recall but that doesn't mean there isn't one on the way.

appreciate the info Paul... maybe it will only be for those that are experiencing the issues.

not sure how that would work for you ^^ since you aren't experiencing loss any more. In my head, I imagine that they'd require a series of testing that you went through before. Then if it's found to be low, you have the work completed by the dealership.

To replace the rings they would have to do a full bottom end rebuild essentially right?

well everyones should be replaced...I dont want mine failing later on down the line

well everyones should be replaced...I dont want mine failing later on down the line

All of this is still unofficial, speculative and hearsay. Meanwhile, we can all talk about this to whatever extent we want, but none of it means anything until Honda makes a formal statement.

Having said that, if this is due to faulty assembly, then reworking some engines (and not others) makes sense. If there is a design flaw, such as too thin rings, then potentially every engine could eventually experience this issue. IMO, Honda would be obliged to rework/replace every engine.

After my "1000 mile test" it appears to me im about 1/2 qt low. I was asked by my dealer to return to check the oil, so I did. He lets me know it's common, especially with the way I drive. He said because my Si has red gauges by the speedo, I let him know that they are always red, and I'm pretty sure only the non-si's change color. He disagreed and sent me on my way. No paperwork to claim anything. Think I should call back and get documentation just in case this oil consumption becomes a bigger problem?

What the heck? The si gauges don't change color they r always red. He should kno more about what he's selling/taking care of. U should get sum documentation.

He's saying you drive the hell out of your Si because your gauges are red, lol ha WTF. Basing it on what, that the other Civics have those gauges that change colors due to your driving habits like when you are in ECON mode etc??? Wow no **** he should defiantly know more about the models he is selling. Had a similar experience with advisor at my Honda dealer about whether or not Honda made synthetic blend 0w20 oil or not I said they did he said they didn't as I want ONLY a full not a blend in my car. Went to parts department and there were bottles of blend, just to prove him wrong, and I said that what I DON'T want in my car. Man I swear if it wasn't for a forum like this some of us would just get straight up screwed at our dealerships because they seem to not know much of anything!!!!!!

I broke my si in hard, I mean really hard and no problems here. Red line most of the time when accelerating and decelerating too. (Heel toe with lots of engine braking)

After break in I had to add about a quart then nothing after that, sitting at about 15,000kms or 9,500mi so far and just had my oil change/service done the other day. The dealer mentioned that excessive wear on the tires wouldn't be covered by warranty.... :) I'm a spirited driver.

Anyone know of a good after market dip stick for the oil mine just has 2 holes in it I am guessin that 1 hole is full. The other means your low .but one that would tell you quart levels I think I just over filled mine because its like a 1/4 inch above the top hole :mad:

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Back