Discussion in 'Bolt-Ons And All Motor' started by axion_industries, Nov 19, 2013.
@axion_industries Don't forget the Socal9's are interested brotha
I've seen someone work already for some drop in camshafts, so i hope you work on them for a while, he ONLY picked up power for 400 rpms from 7000 to 7500 (7000 to 7100 it only picked up like 1 or 2 hp, but 7100-7500 it picked up 8-10 hp)
Everywhere else it either made less or lost horsepower. Looking forward to results.
To be honest I think just the exhuast camshaft will make power as long as it's designed for this motor...
They reground the stock cams, so they were limited, but they gained quite a bit of both duration and lift. I think it'll take you guys a few different grinds before you find one that works well. Still looking forward to results
I mean 8thgen si's with the k20, cams for those really don't pick up power unless you have a good header and a ported intake manifold
Ya we are also designing a very unique downpipe that should make good power especially with the head and cams... Gonna start with 2 sets and see what they do....
Keep us posted!
In for results. Glad to see progree being made on this motor.
Will you put out dyno results for stock head and the ported one
Yes we will and also flow gains
As of right now, the k20 cam gears and cams are whats need to do any cam upgrade to our heads right?!
k24z7 kit would be much better of course!
k20 cams don't make power on these motors.... Just gotta wait until we get these mastered and tested
Awesome thanks, does that apply do even upgraded k20 cams?! only reason i ask is because i know of a set of after market k20 cams and stock cam gears. obviously ill need the hardware as well to go with it ... retainers/springs
I have the money right now!!
Shut up and take my money!
K20 cams will not work in the 9th gen. These will be specific for the 2012+
Hey @axion_industries would it be possible to give us a rough estimate of when these will be available?
Just a guess like in the spring or fall maybe?
I have not heard yet when the first test batch will be done and still no pricing. I would think it will be in January/February.... Going to follow up the end of this week or next week for an update
Looks like i need to start saving up then! thanks
Just got an update, looks like our test set is ready for grinding our lobe profiles
Separate names with a comma.