Kevv's '13 FB6 Build thread

Status update on what's happening with it?
having PRL weld my coolant plugs and swapping pistons so motor is out of the car, once its back in ill update the thread. track is closing in October unfortunately so wont have much seat time there until next season but on the bright side many Mexico runs to come!

haven't updated you guys in awhile but I did get the motor back in the car, and its been an absolute blast...unfortunately snow quickly followed and the cars been sitting in the garage ever since...ill update again once it gets warmer out.

That's mighty impressive. Did you have to change the configuration or did you just rebuild with stronger parts?
yes, I had PRL step deck the block and I swapped to custom Diamond pistons made specifically for the k24z7. We kept having clearance issues with other pistons, they kept hitting against the head. Also went with Arp 625+ rod bolts

Last edited:
we also made 1 test pass at a local track and went 10.8 @97 mph, we had to slam the brakes at the 1000ft to avoid getting kicked out hence the trap speed. This is a 9 second car easily

Last edited:
Why’s the speed seem so off? Shouldn’t a 10.8 equate to like 125-130mph trap speed?

Why’s the speed seem so off? Shouldn’t a 10.8 equate to like 125-130mph trap speed?
I explained it on the post lol, I slammed the brakes at the 1000ft mark to reduce speed so that we wouldn't get kicked out for running too fast on the first pass.

10.8 with that much slowing down will probably give you a 8 sec lol :badger:

Harry's car still has that title but I am positive this car will go low 9's once it has all the proper safety equipment and a cage.

Oye boricua por acá también!!!! Quiero hacerlo turbo!! Acá en PR hay uno K20/K24 dando 319 WHP [emoji33][emoji33]!!!

5b3c3b0cdb4ac098524b9e8e36e5f256.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back