Keyless-GO

Corey Straker

How's it going everyone? My first post on the new 9th gen forum. Looking to buy a 2012 Civic Si Coupe within the next couple months and i'm already planning out the mods i want :popcorn: The biggest thing I would like to do is a Keyless go system. For those of you who arn't familier, keyless go is a system where you keep your key in your pocket and it sends a signal to the car allowing you to start the engine with a pushbutton start without ever having to put the key in the ignition. When you walk away with your key it immobalizes it.

No Honda's in the US have this option. I'm pretty sure the Acura TL SH-AWD has it. I have been able to dig up some information though. The 2012 Austrailian Civic Sport Verson 2 has something called a "smart key" and sure enough this is exactly what i'm looking for. If you go to this link http://civic.honda.com.au/range-pricing_compare-pricing.aspx you can see exactly what i'm talking about. After searching for hours I was able to dig up a picture of what the system looked like
honda-civic-sport-4.jpg

(If you can't see it, it's to the left of the steering wheel.. P.S. this is how our Si's should be inside!!)

Here is a picture of what the "smart key" looks like.
honda_civic2012_smart_key.jpg

So my question to all of you would be... Do you think it would be possible to wire this system into our current Si? As far as i can tell I would need antennas, harnesses, push button start, and the smartkey. Maybe College Hills Honda could get the parts somehow. What do you all think?

:wavey:

It might be possible. Just depends on what all needs to be done to the car to make it work. Try to see if you can dig up more info in the system through the AUS sites. Smart key you have pictured looks like an Acura key. The buttons are like the newer Acura keys.

Shoot College Hills(Paul) an email, I'm sure if they have time they might be able to get part numbers if they are available.

I wouldn't even't know where to start at when it comes to looking for wiring guides. Is there any way to tag CHH in here so they can read it. I know they have imported austrailian goods for the Civic, Accord, and CR-V so i don't see how sourcing parts would be a problem. The only problem i can think of is the wiring and control modules. I wish everything was just plug and play :coffee:

Acura ILX which should be at least an electrical cousin to the 9th gen Civic has keyless start

^^ true.. I can't find a parts catalog, or parts # for it online anywhere.

I wouldn't even't know where to start at when it comes to looking for wiring guides. Is there any way to tag CHH in here so they can read it. I know they have imported austrailian goods for the Civic, Accord, and CR-V so i don't see how sourcing parts would be a problem. The only problem i can think of is the wiring and control modules. I wish everything was just plug and play :coffee:

How about this instead?
http://easygosystem.com/

I saw these guys out at Sema last year and the designs looked darn near factory. The systems came out in May but when we spoke with them originally they were not planning on offering them for customer installation. It would require licensed dealer to install the product. It has been some time since I spoke with them so I'll try to get some pricing and see if they changed their minds on over the counter sales.

Without knowing exactly what would be needed I have a feeling there would be a lot of trial and error. I hate spending big money and shipping on International products only to have them not work so I won't be importing pieces like these from overseas. Electronic components are by far the most risky. Borrowing parts from the ILX could be a possibility. If you want to look at wiring guides for the Civic stop over at helminc.com. You can either buy a manual or they do have online subscriptions that will let you play with as much information as you like for as little as $10.

I'll do my best to find wiring diagrams for the Acura ILX and the Australian Civic and let you all know. I'm no electrical engineer but i can most likely figure it out. I'll keep everyone posted.

With regards to the Easy Go System, I love the factory OEM look of the key fob. Hopefully the price isn't over $6-700. But yeah if you could get any further details on pricing and let me know I would defiantly appreciate it!

How about this instead?
http://easygosystem.com/

I saw these guys out at Sema last year and the designs looked darn near factory. The systems came out in May but when we spoke with them originally they were not planning on offering them for customer installation. It would require licensed dealer to install the product. It has been some time since I spoke with them so I'll try to get some pricing and see if they changed their minds on over the counter sales.
Did some more research on the Easy Go System in case anyone else is wondering. This system is amazing. No drilling in the dash or anything. It replaces the panel and has the push button start already installed. It also replaces the door handles with ones that have the lock and unlock buttons installed in them and are made to match your factory paint. Here is a link to a video on youtube of there CES booth.
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trI7hyEAjyo

This is exactly what i'm looking for. Thanks CHH!

Yeah, I read all of it too. It's pretty amazing.
Do you have any local installers though? Unfortunately there are none near me for at least 200 miles.

wonder if they'll do remote start on manual trans models (as the video suggests)....since honda isn't doing that.

Their Application Guide doesn't single out specific transmissions. Considering that every other third-party remote start maker offers manual transmission installations, I don't see why they wouldn't.

I'd be all over this if they had a local installer.

I would think that they would offer this for both auto and manual. Apparently though the Civic will not be included in the launch in may. The launch models are the 2012 Toyota Camry, the 2012 Ford F-150, the 2012 Chevrolet Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, and Express, the 2012 GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Savana, and the 2012 Honda Accord.

They sure do have one heck of a product. I love factory OEM looks. Now the only thing needed is a dealer in Cincinnati, Ohio :dance:

I got a call back from EasyGo today. As expected they are not retailing these units for over the counter customer installs. The can either be sourced and installed at dealers or approved 3rd party locations. Labor estimate is 2.5 to 3 hours average depending on the vehicle. They suggest the dealer installed price should be roughly $1800. I think our pricing here would be set lower than that.

Back