Keyless-GO

I filmed most of the steps start to finish. I hope to have the video done sometime next week if not sooner.
I think I can speak for a lot of people in saying that it is awesome you take the time out of your day to shoot, edit, and upload all of these videos! Nice to see some dealers still care about customers and fans! You rock!:cheerleader:

I ordered one of these kits for the CR-V. We'll check it out and provide an update.

easygo.jpg

What is the MSRP on one of these kits?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I believe they said it has to be done through an installation/dealer - and it was $1800 total

i'm assuming it won't work with the manual trans because it would have to bypass the clutch to ignite the engine.
this was done on my friend's STi by an aftermarket installer, as far as i know almost NO companies offer remote start on a manual car from the factory, if i'm wrong, correct me though : )

you have to push the clutch to start a car, and i don't know about all of you, but i always put my car into 1st gear (or reverse depending on incline) when i park, then pull up the ebrake
to a corresponding tightness depending on the incline again. on my friend's STi the clutch was bypassed, so if he had it in 1st gear and started the car, it would jump forward a few feet,
maybe 5-7 feet or more, depending on how tight he had the ebrake (he demonstrated for me to show me why subaru wouldn't install it)
he said it would sometimes pop the car out of gear as well (he played around with it)

it's basically a CYA for the installer of the auto starter, and most will make you sign a waiver that you understand the risk involved with doing this toa manual trans car

We got the kit, opened the boxes, reviewed the directions, put everything back in the boxes and sent them back for return. Long story short the kit was a bit too invasive for us to install in a brand new $30K vehicle. It probably works just fine but any problems down the road with the system could be a real headache to deal with. We decided to play it safe on this one and not drastically modify the vehicle electronics.

the kit was a bit too invasive for us to install in a brand new $30K vehicle.
any more info on this ^ ? For others who may want to do the mod....what would make it a problem if something went wrong down the road? Does it require hacking into wiring or something which can't be reversed?

It can be reversed. One of the main issues is that you have to drill through the steering wheel lock to remove the locking spring. They say they have a workaround for this but we did not like that idea at all. Secondly there are quite a few wire splices and modules that have to be installed. Hacking up a brand new car that much does not make much sense to us. Finally since there are not many dealers offering this kind of product, should you need support or repair it is going to be difficult to find help if only a handful of dealers are installing them. This would be a huge disadvantage for a customer with a vehicle that won't start because something went wrong with the system.

it sounds like a superior headache to me. very much appreciate the research you guys put into it though.
i love how it's called "easygo" but clearly not "easyinstall" haha

man.. US version sucks.. we dont have the auto climate control or the smart key with push button

Back