Kirkland Honda Service

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Kirkland Honda Service Dept - 1/5

What was wrong: Crows feet developing extensively on hood.
Service required: Under warranty repaint effected area.
Estimated time of service: 4 business days.

Reason for rating:
Timeliness - 0 Needed for 4 business days. Had it for 11 business days. Hadn't begun work until after I called them to find out on status on the day it was due to be returned to me.
Courtesy - 2 Often felt like I was some sort of chore during scheduling and trying to find out about the current status. But it wasn't uniformly discourteous. The girls at the rental counter were nice, the shuttle drivers were nice. But overall experience was seriously lacking.
Communication - 0 I had to initiate communication to check up on status of the car the entire time. Only received phone calls after I left voicemails inquiring the status or showed up at the dealer to schedule appointments
Quality of work - ?? (They hired an outside body shop to do the work. The body shop work was a 5/5.)

If you want to know the details:
Went to this dealer to get my car looked at as the last time I waxed my ride, I noted extensive crows feet developing on the hood of the car. Initially the experience was good, I was directed to the service manager who took a look at the car and he noted the crows feet and knew exactly what the problem was and whether or not it was a warranty item. In order to get the car fully verified I would need to drop it off for part of a day so they could measure the thickness of the paint (just to make sure it was factory paint and not somebody else who did the crappy paint job. Was told the car would be back my noon since it wasn't much of a job. Wasn't done until 5:00. Ok, so the body shop took longer than expected, whatever...upon receipt I was told the paperwork to move the car forward through the process would be taken care of over the weekend and that I would be ready to take the next step early the following week (it was Friday afternoon when I got it back).

After the following week and a few more days, I decided to go back to the dealer and check in myself and let them know when it would be the best time for me to take my car in for the 4 days they needed it. Well, my greeting was not so welcome, more like a chore as the guy took down my information. I mean, if I'm going to be out of town and don't need the car for the 4 days they need it, then that's most ideal right? The guys writes down my information and I go in to drop off the car the following week.

Car drop off goes relatively without a hitch. But when asked if I need a courtesy car, I answer in the affirmative because I need it for that Friday, Saturday, following Sunday and Monday (they're keeping it for 10 days because of weekend borders and the 4th of July holiday and they'll have it for 6 business days, a holiday, and 4 weekend days. The answer to that - NO. Why? Because I said I was going to be on vacation for some of the time they have the car. Not pleased because now, I can't finish my errands before I get off work and on Saturday as well as not be able to get to work or get to the dealer (unless I hire somebody to take me) to pick my car up at the end of the Monday they said they would get the car back. Whatever...I'm not happy but I'll live and hire a taxi and take the bus for the short time I needed the car that I won't have. Oh, plus I have an intern who was willing to drive me to and from the airport.

Come Monday after vacation. I call in at 11:00 and ask how the process is going after all they've had the car now for 10 days. Should be just about done, right? Wrong! They never followed through with the body shop and vice versa and fter 10 days, they haven't even STARTED to work on the car. Ok. Now I really need a courtesy car unless they want to get a bill for the taxi and/or bus rides that I need to take because I'm here without transportation. They do give me a car finally...because now they're late and haven't started on the car and I'll be without for yet another week.

Come today, I call. How is it going? Finally, good. I can get the car back late today, tomorrow or Monday. I haven't had my little skateboard for 15 days, so I'm there after work. I wasn't sure it was going to be ready yet because I didn't get a call in the later afternoon confirming it was returned and I could pick it up. I am told by my adviser he called at 3:40 and left a message. But that call must have disappeared into the ether because I have no missed calls, no voice messages or even a text message. And trust me, I was ready to take my baby home with me, so that phone was on my person with the ringer on. Ends up, it is indeed ready to go. They want me to sign the paperwork and I tell them I want to see the car just so I can agree that yes, the body shop did a satisfactory (more than) job. Guy seemed annoyed but had a smile on his face....C'mon, you don't think I'm going to check the work? You're smoking something, right? Ok, it is legal around here now, but still... The body shop did really good work on it so I'm ready to take my baby home and I do the paperwork for turning in the courtesy car.

I'm back down at the adviser's desk and say, you know, since you guys totally screwed up on this, ended up keeping my car for an additional week, that I didn't argue with them and gave them the courtesy to be nice when they refused to give me a car for the 10 days they originally had it, if they could throw me a bone and give me a cert for an oil change in the future. I mean, if you screw up so bad, to reconcile, you'd do something to get a repeat customer, right? I mean, a $40 oil change to say sorry we screwed up isn't like asking for a million bucks. Nope. Answer was they gave me a car for the week because they screwed the pooch and didn't start working on the car until after it was due to come back to me.

Well, they had a one time customer. I'm glad I got my car back. But throughout the process, I was less than pleased and won't be taking my car back. I will be giving low reviews when I get the survey I know I'm going to get in the near future. I'll go to Bellevue Honda or make my way up to Marysville Honda.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. I had the exact same problem with my '12 cbp si, but different experience. It was fixed under warranty (they had the wings done too) and I got a loaner. The shop they used is the best one around, and the dealership (Hamilton Honda) was excellent. It took about a week. But I never got a survey to give them good marks.

At least you got a good job from the body shop. That's the main thing.

Back