Kraftwerks Rotrex c30-94 unit failure

voodoo50

Hey folks, well after approximately 16,000 trouble free miles, my Rotrex supercharger started "whining" and said "I QUIT!"
Sending the unit off to Kraftwerks and then they'll send it to DENMARK to the Rotrex facility to inspect the unit. I didn't expect this to happen and I definitely didn't expect to have to be dealing with warranty issues. But I guess it's just my luck. Fingers crossed I won't have to deal with a bad experience. I'll keep you all informed as to the results of this issue. IMG_4669.JPG IMG_4670.JPG IMG_4671.JPG IMG_4668.JPG

So that is your actual video? First I've seen someone have issues

That sucks big time @voodoo50
I would think that you should get a replacement unit but what a PITA
I'm wondering if anyone has thought of putting in a larger SC or if they are even available? Does Rotrex make bigger superchargers?

That sucks big time @voodoo50
I would think that you should get a replacement unit but what a PITA
I'm wondering if anyone has thought of putting in a larger SC or if they are even available? Does Rotrex make bigger superchargers?
Answered my own question. Google Rotrex
So now I wonder if anyone has put a larger SC in their 9th gen?

Wow talk about shaft play. I'm wondering if there was some sort of oiling issue that may have caused the bearings to go so quickly.

So that is your actual video? First I've seen someone have issues
Yes this is my video. My unit. I sent off the unit for warranty inspection. I purchased ANOTHER one and I'm waiting to see about the outcome. New one is already installed. I METICULOUSLY installed it with every precaution taken to ensure there would be no BS failure excuses.

Wow talk about shaft play. I'm wondering if there was some sort of oiling issue that may have caused the bearings to go so quickly.
I had over 16,000 miles on this unit with no oil level variances. So it wasn't due to lack of oil. I drained the oil from the rest of the line and it had a slightly darker blue hue than the stock oil that was placed in the unit. Didn't notice any metal shavings however it has a magnetic filter inline that may have collected any metal debris. And so I wait to hear from Rotrex and Kraftwerks...

I had over 16,000 miles on this unit with no oil level variances. So it wasn't due to lack of oil. I drained the oil from the rest of the line and it had a slightly darker blue hue than the stock oil that was placed in the unit. Didn't notice any metal shavings however it has a magnetic filter inline that may have collected any metal debris. And so I wait to hear from Rotrex and Kraftwerks...

I'm interested to hear what they have to say. Something has to have caused the failure.

Sorry to see that. my KW Kit on my 08 FA5 has been running great since 2013. 50k no issues but the rotrex oil is the most expensive oil I've ever bought.

They are proud of that fluid for sure, hope all ends well @voodoo50. I'm looking at the rotrex kit myself for the future

Update: I purchased a NEW Rotrex c30-94 unit at the CORE charge price. I installed it with painstakingly meticulous detail. So far, so good. Waiting on Rotrex of Denmark to receive and inspect my old unit for warranty. So as it stands, Kraftwerks sold me a new unit. Pending the outcome of the tear down and inspection of the unit, they'll let me know if I'll be credited the core price or if I just bought a BRAND NEW unit because Rotrex "found" a reason not to warranty it. I will keep you guys posted.
They are proud of that fluid for sure, hope all ends well @voodoo50. I'm looking at the rotrex kit myself for the future
BTW, you can find the SX 150 traction fluid on Amazon for around 110.00.

i thought i read something saying if you dont use the stock pully warranty is void? but best of luck! i hope i dont go threw and issues...
I spoke with a representative from Kraftwerks and he said the unit could come with three options: 120mm, 115mm, and 110mm. So apparently they are aware of different pulleys being used for the same kit. They would've discouraged, IF NOT, flat out prohibited the use of different size pulleys. So truth be told, I couldn't tell you what "stock size pulley" really refers to.

Back