Kraftwerks Rotrex c30-94 unit failure

I spoke with a representative from Kraftwerks and he said the unit could come with three options: 120mm, 115mm, and 110mm. So apparently they are aware of different pulleys being used for the same kit. They would've discouraged, IF NOT, flat out prohibited the use of different size pulleys. So truth be told, I couldn't tell you what "stock size pulley" really refers to.
yeah i could of read something somewhere, even a different system, hope you get a new one cause thats quick for one to go

Hopefully this turns out well for you. The result may influence my mod choices in the future for sure.

Currently going through the exact situation. Kraftwerks kit had around 20k miles on the kit and I had a whine that was incredibly loud. Almost deafening with hood open. I am waiting my answer as well. I installed a core unit and just started driving on it. This is seeming to be more and more common with Rotrex.

I am hoping we are just a few unlucky ones in a much larger group. The most annoying part of this is sending it to Sweden and getting results back take, but not limited, to 3-5 weeks. So its either find a new car for that time or buy another blower at a discounted price. It's not even a for sure i get refunded either. Seems like a pretty big hassle for a unit defect. Hope all goes well for you...but I dont plan on shelling out money every time the rotrex fails and waiting for the results. The hassle to find all my stock parts(or buying them) and the time it'll take to put it back to stock seems pretty good right about now. Spliced injectors and all :/. Hope all goes well for you....and if anyone has anything else to chime in about their experiences....message me!

Currently going through the exact situation. Kraftwerks kit had around 20k miles on the kit and I had a whine that was incredibly loud. Almost deafening with hood open. I am waiting my answer as well. I installed a core unit and just started driving on it. This is seeming to be more and more common with Rotrex.

I am hoping we are just a few unlucky ones in a much larger group. The most annoying part of this is sending it to Sweden and getting results back take, but not limited, to 3-5 weeks. So its either find a new car for that time or buy another blower at a discounted price. It's not even a for sure i get refunded either. Seems like a pretty big hassle for a unit defect. Hope all goes well for you...but I dont plan on shelling out money every time the rotrex fails and waiting for the results. The hassle to find all my stock parts(or buying them) and the time it'll take to put it back to stock seems pretty good right about now. Spliced injectors and all :/. Hope all goes well for you....and if anyone has anything else to chime in about their experiences....message me!

sorry to hear you're dealing with the same thing. Did you not send yours in for warranty yet?

sorry to hear you're dealing with the same thing. Did you not send yours in for warranty yet?
I have...Been about 2-3 weeks.

Regardless though...the hassle of waiting for the response is killer. I am putting the word otu there because I wish there was more on this was I first bought this kit. But i was part of the first few to start putting it on I guess....I mean the kit is amazing! Love it...just dont want to have to deal with this every 2 years or less.

Good news. Rotrex warrantied the unit. It was attributed to component failure. I got my money refunded for the core I purchased and the new unit is running well. Kraftwerks and Rotrex stand behind their product. Thanks for all the help guys.

Good news. Rotrex warrantied the unit. It was attributed to component failure. I got my money refunded for the core I purchased and the new unit is running well. Kraftwerks and Rotrex stand behind their product. Thanks for all the help guys.
Good to hear @voodoo50
I guess it would be kind of silly for Rotrex not to stand behind their product. Just think of the negative chatter they would get among the car community.

Sorry to hear about your troubles voodoo! How hard was it to pull the broken blower out? I fear something will go wrong with my unit and then I will have to pay another installation charge to remove and install.

Sorry to hear about your troubles voodoo! How hard was it to pull the broken blower out? I fear something will go wrong with my unit and then I will have to pay another installation charge to remove and install.
Very easy. Disconnect oil lines. Remove pulley belt. Remove a few mounting bolts from the blower and it's off...

Sweet,

I had the worse experience with KreftWerks and I am in the process of returning the whole system to them. The system is terrible, cheap in my opinion. I would not recommend anyone to buy it, its better to go with the CT-e unit.

My experience:

I purchased the KW kit, 110mm pulley, along with a fuel pump, stage 1 clutch flywheel, Skunk2 downpipe, Skunk2 catback exhaust.

I had VITVIPET tune the car, and we ran it on one basemap which I drove the car for the whole day. Kept checking the oil, everything was great. I got the second map from VIT, i uploaded it and it was required that I do ONE WOT in 3rd gear from 1,700rpms to 5,500rpms. I drove the car like a baby knowing its not tuned all the way. When I got to do ONE WOT in the 3rd gear, 10 seconds after the belt made some crazy noise and the car shut off but I was able to pull over because I the car was rolling. The SC unit was smoking, the pulley of the rotrex was stuck. I am working with them right now as we speak and need to send my unit to Denmark as well, but I drove the car for ONE day. Haha. Thats how long the unit lasted.

I had 3 different mechanics come and go over the installation with me, SC Unit was primed right, otherwise it would not run for a full day. But that one WOT in 3rd gear, messed it up. So my experience is that it lasted one day. You are lucky that yours laster 16,000 miles, mine lasted about 200-300 miles. I have lost all respect for the entire company, SKUNK2, KreftWeft, and Grams. When the installation was complete, I couldn't start my car at first because one of the Grams 1000cc injectors was not working.

Guys take it from my experience, look on other websites as well, DONT BUY THIS KIT. You will be 5000$ in a hole and you lucky if you get 5,000 miles out of it. I got 300 miles as it failed after the second basemap. I am in the process of returning the entire system to them, I dont care what they say about their assessment that will be provided to me in 6-9 weeks, i am returning the system. KW supercharger is NOT RELIABLE, it is cheap and not worth spending money on it. If you dont want to listen to me and learn from my experience, go ahead and buy one and remember what I told you and you will see what will happen.

In the future I personally will never buy anything from Skunk2, Kreftwerks, Grams or anyone affiliated with their cheap company. I should of listened to everyone and went with CT-e. Now its too late, I am returning everything to them as we speak and I will sell this car and buy something else.

Sweet,

I had the worse experience with KreftWerks and I am in the process of returning the whole system to them. The system is terrible, cheap in my opinion. I would not recommend anyone to buy it, its better to go with the CT-e unit.

My experience:

I purchased the KW kit, 110mm pulley, along with a fuel pump, stage 1 clutch flywheel, Skunk2 downpipe, Skunk2 catback exhaust.

I had VITVIPET tune the car, and we ran it on one basemap which I drove the car for the whole day. Kept checking the oil, everything was great. I got the second map from VIT, i uploaded it and it was required that I do ONE WOT in 3rd gear from 1,700rpms to 5,500rpms. I drove the car like a baby knowing its not tuned all the way. When I got to do ONE WOT in the 3rd gear, 10 seconds after the belt made some crazy noise and the car shut off but I was able to pull over because I the car was rolling. The SC unit was smoking, the pulley of the rotrex was stuck. I am working with them right now as we speak and need to send my unit to Denmark as well, but I drove the car for ONE day. Haha. Thats how long the unit lasted.

I had 3 different mechanics come and go over the installation with me, SC Unit was primed right, otherwise it would not run for a full day. But that one WOT in 3rd gear, messed it up. So my experience is that it lasted one day. You are lucky that yours laster 16,000 miles, mine lasted about 200-300 miles. I have lost all respect for the entire company, SKUNK2, KreftWeft, and Grams. When the installation was complete, I couldn't start my car at first because one of the Grams 1000cc injectors was not working.

Guys take it from my experience, look on other websites as well, DONT BUY THIS KIT. You will be 5000$ in a hole and you lucky if you get 5,000 miles out of it. I got 300 miles as it failed after the second basemap. I am in the process of returning the entire system to them, I dont care what they say about their assessment that will be provided to me in 6-9 weeks, i am returning the system. KW supercharger is NOT RELIABLE, it is cheap and not worth spending money on it. If you dont want to listen to me and learn from my experience, go ahead and buy one and remember what I told you and you will see what will happen.

In the future I personally will never buy anything from Skunk2, Kreftwerks, Grams or anyone affiliated with their cheap company. I should of listened to everyone and went with CT-e. Now its too late, I am returning everything to them as we speak and I will sell this car and buy something else.

I would like to add one more thing, KW customer service is good. when one of the injectors was messed up, they sent it to me via next day air. I worked with their engeener named CJ, and he did provide great customer service. It is hard to get ahold of them, but they do respond via email. But the KW supercharger system, is absolutely terrible. The Rotrex Unit will not last you a while. You lucky if you get past the point that I did. Because it is just engineered using the cheapest and most unreliable material. If I listened to VITVIPER, he even told me to go CT-e but I wanted to get more power out of it and ended up getting nothing. Now, I dont have a car nor do I have a SC on it. Horrible experience and thats why I wanted to write this on here so that all of you know and that you dont end up like me.

Does the "whine" that everyone is reportedly hearing sound similar to what a bad/loud power steering pump would sound like? Mine just started the other day but the car still pulls fine. Im praying is the tensioner or idler pulley starting to go rather then the rotrex.

Back