kseriescivic's path to S/C !

how are you liking the 2012 compared to your 8th gen?

I like it way more. The extra torque is great and I don't get why people hate on it. The interior is great and I can't wait to do some boltons and flashpro. Hopefully in a year I can do a rotex kit !

most of the 8th users who've bought a 9th gen seem to like the added torque

I like it way more. The extra torque is great and I don't get why people hate on it. The interior is great and I can't wait to do some boltons and flashpro. Hopefully in a year I can do a rotex kit !

Some people don't like the 9th gen, because it doesn't have 8k redline and in stock the Vtec crossover is not as loud as 8th gen is.

Welcome to the forum! I missing my 8th gen SI everyday but I enjoy having newer car with less miles on it lol.

Welcome to the forum! I missing my 8th gen SI everyday but I enjoy having newer car with less miles on it lol.
I do miss my 8th gen, but I Definitely like the lower miles. My 07 had 149,xxx when I traded it in. Now I have 16k and its nice lol. I should have I/DP/E and flashpro in a few weeks. There's not many used 3 inch exhausts for sale though, or downpipes :( I'm leaning towards the UR exhaust combo, catless, and skunk2 intake. Was totally going to buy all fullrace exhaust but it's more expensive and UR has nifty tip options...and than a kraftwerks kit!

Is expensive for a reason. Cheap exhausts have horrible welds on them. Full race exhaust, dp and PRL CAI. She deserves quality parts.

I thought ultimate racing was considered good quality? I didn't mean to come off sounding cheap lol:hiding:lol

I guess its full race exhaust combo then! but I didn't want to go rbc cause it eventually will be supercharged so that's why I opted for the skunk2 intake....would I be able to sell my intake setup(rbc/prl) and not lose too much money when I'm ready to go FI? Thanks for not being rude:brock:

New plan.
Full race exhaust combo
Prl rbc kit w/ port matched zdx tb and intake
Flashpro and vit ultimate tune

Last edited:
Reactions: 323
I have the Ultimate Racing combo and I love it, definitely high quality with lots of options for customizing the tip and the sound

FYI, I'd wait to see the results of Vit's RBC testing before you pull the trigger

Yup, did some reading around and I'm getting prl cai for stock manifold, full race Dp and exhaust and flashpro. Then go s/c later...

Edit. Prl cai for stock mani is 400$, just gonna rock the stock intake.

Last edited:
Will do. My fog light hids come in tomorrow! So now my headlights will match finally...4300k with halogen fogs. Should have my down pipe and exhaust buy mid January and be tuning with vit.IMAG0221.jpg

Back