Large pieces stuck in my paint

SavageWS6

Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I was out at my car and dealing with horrible dust and dirt in San Diego my black Civic is caked in dirt. I live on base so I don't have access to my own hose, or storage of a 5 gal bucket and other various items which is killing me inside and my brand new car.

Anyways here are the pictures. Hopefully you can see... Idiot be put those damn micro scratches in the paint which makes me angry.. I have no idea how to remove this off my hooduploadfromtaptalk1390460064832.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390460079541.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390460094104.jpg

I'll have to check out the vid when I get home. And nope I don't got any polisher with me so going by hand is cool. Gonna have to dig through detailed image and find something that I can use when the car isn't caked in dirt, the car just attracts dusts since I've had it

are there any touchless car washes anywhere in your area?

Have you got any sort of closet or area that you could keep one bucket?

If so check out the gamma lids. They fit most 5 gal buckets. If you have room to hide one bucket the lid screws on pretty tight and would hide the contents pretty well for you. I know barracks can be tough, I've seen the living "spaces" of a few guys I used to know. I bet you could hide a single bucket inside your car if you had to.

Seriously compact wash kit:

One bucket with a grit guard and some ONR (optimum no rinse), one sponge, and a couple drying towels would allow you to do some maintenance washes. I fill mine in the kitchen sink here at my apartment. The complex gives me some guff about washing but they really can't say much since im out there using less than 5gal of water. Pick up a quick detail spray or a spray wax and a couple MF towels. Wash and shine from one bucket. Hide it in the back seat.

Gamma Lids: You can get them lots of places online. Maybe even pick up a color matched bucket too! hahahah

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=24282

ONR: Seriously awesome. It removed road grime better than the touchless wash down the street

http://www.detailedimage.com/Optimum-OPT-M36/No-Rinse-Wash-Shine-2010-Formula-P444/32oz-S1/

Washing with ONR: I like to use a sponge, get it pretty wet and as I move it over the paint, squeeze the solution out of the sponge to glide the dirt off. I only use one bucket instead of two just cause im trying to be as discrete as possible. Couple articles to check out. I like the first one better but the second gives more of an idea how to use the stuff. I have almost no water left in the bucket by the time I am done. I try to get it all on the car. Work from top to bottom one side then the other. I dry each section as I finish it.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/wash-and-wax-in-60-minutes-featuring-optimum-no-rinse/

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/winter-washing-with-optimum-no-rinse-onr/

are there any touchless car washes anywhere in your area?

Yup found one. Looks like I can get away with going through this wash, then finish it off with my Quick Detailer (tagged below) to keep it in great condition until I receive the cleaning supplies

Have you got any sort of closet or area that you could keep one bucket?

If so check out the gamma lids. They fit most 5 gal buckets. If you have room to hide one bucket the lid screws on pretty tight and would hide the contents pretty well for you. I know barracks can be tough, I've seen the living "spaces" of a few guys I used to know. I bet you could hide a single bucket inside your car if you had to.

Seriously compact wash kit:

One bucket with a grit guard and some ONR (optimum no rinse), one sponge, and a couple drying towels would allow you to do some maintenance washes. I fill mine in the kitchen sink here at my apartment. The complex gives me some guff about washing but they really can't say much since im out there using less than 5gal of water. Pick up a quick detail spray or a spray wax and a couple MF towels. Wash and shine from one bucket. Hide it in the back seat.

Gamma Lids: You can get them lots of places online. Maybe even pick up a color matched bucket too! hahahah

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=24282

ONR: Seriously awesome. It removed road grime better than the touchless wash down the street

http://www.detailedimage.com/Optimum-OPT-M36/No-Rinse-Wash-Shine-2010-Formula-P444/32oz-S1/

Washing with ONR: I like to use a sponge, get it pretty wet and as I move it over the paint, squeeze the solution out of the sponge to glide the dirt off. I only use one bucket instead of two just cause im trying to be as discrete as possible. Couple articles to check out. I like the first one better but the second gives more of an idea how to use the stuff. I have almost no water left in the bucket by the time I am done. I try to get it all on the car. Work from top to bottom one side then the other. I dry each section as I finish it.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/wash-and-wax-in-60-minutes-featuring-optimum-no-rinse/

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/winter-washing-with-optimum-no-rinse-onr/

No closet really, I can just throw it in the corner if need be. Well my finances are good right now and I'm gonna do a compact kit. I got this already and used it on my motorcycle and worked well. I tested it on my hood last night and worked really well.

I'm putting a list together right now on DI and go from there. So the gamma lids is just to cover everything in the 5gal bucket and make it a compact cleaning kit pretty much ready to go?

Yeah, if you needed to disguise or hide the contents or keep them from spilling. They are nice cause they are pretty leakproof. They get used for food storage a lot. I think they are airtight too if you get a good quality bucket for it to mate with. I have one that I use when I'm transporting my detailing kit around. I only put the stuff that if it spilled would be a problem in that one. Ex: Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner and some of the fallout removers I have. Caustic and stinky stuff. Just as a precaution. I also seatbelt my two buckets in the back seat. I can fit almost everything I usually need into two buckets and a bag in the trunk.

The Megs QD is pretty decent. I really like the Chemical Guys Hybrid V7. It's an awesome do everything QD and sealant. It doesn't last as long as a true wax or sealant but it brings up the shine really nice between washes.

Alright good deal. I will be driving cross country soon and I'm gonna want to put all the cleaning supplies in the bucket with the QD and Invs Glass I got. I'm probably gonna grab the Meguiers Ultimate Compound too so I can wax down the car properly. I have a lot of free time so I don't see why I couldn't do it. Gonna make my car club guys jealous :P

Reactions: Nix
Clay is a necessary evil. You can get away with claying without a hose. Spray on the lube, rub your clay, wipe it down after.

If you can get access to a hose the new polymer mitts are awesome. I have two from Nanoskin - fine grade and medium. Must use a bucket with soap for lube though. I tried with ONR and it didn't work out so well. Kind of need a hose.

http://www.detailedimage.com/NanoSkin-M54/AutoScrub-Fine-Wash-Mitt-P701/

Hmm I'll shall save that for later when I actually have access to a hose. What kind of clay bar should I get? I may be doing it to others car (maybe) and they will probably have quite harsh paint/swirls/marring done

I have found the blackfire poly clay to be very easy to work with. Stick with fine grade whatever you get. The other stuff will just mar the paint so much you will need to polish after. If you're currently doing everything by hand, that will suck. Riccardo clay is finally available i the US. Their yellow version is supposed to be fantastic but I have never tried it.

Clay just pulls contaminants out of the paint. It will induce marring if you are not careful with it. It does work awesome though. Don't be scared off by it but just read up on how to use it properly. Very little pressure. Clay lube is as important as the clay itself. I've been using DoDo Juice Born Slippy diluted to correct ratio but there are some newer ones that don't leave as much film behind. I think the nanoskin glide is a pretty popular one currently.

I highly recommend that you pick up some Iron X from CarPro. It is hands down one of the best decontaminators out there but again you end up needing a hose to rinse it off... agh... so many awesome things! So much need for hose and water! Hahahah.....

ONR and Clay. No hose needed!

Ya doing everything by hand will suck :/ gah. I'm gonna be so sore washing down this car and detailing it!

From me doing a very close look up on the paint during the day and at night with my tactical light. 99% of the car still has that fresh paint look with the metallic flake to it. the other 1% which is very minimal are those little dots which I have no idea what it is.

This is what's on the list
eaL1V8S.png

List looks good. I prefer to use a sponge with ONR but try out the mitt and see what you think. I feel like I can squeeze more out of the sponge to let the solution do the cleaning rather than pulling the mitt along the paint. I think DI carries the lake country grout sponge. You can buy a cheap sponge at home depot and cut grooves into the bottom and have the same thing for cheaper. I'll try and post a pic of my "ONR Sponge" when I get home later.

Ya I'm gonna try out the mitt and see how I feel about it then get one of the sponges and cut grooves like you said and see which one I like better.

So closer inspection, the very first picture I posted thinking something was in my clear coat... Nope its a chip in my paint already, and I have horrible dry water spots on the car. Looks like I gotta order a clay bar to fix the water spots. Not sure what I can do about the little chip

Damn, ya man it's ridiculous how quick these damn water spots got on this car. Pretty sure it's just solids sitting on top of the paint.

You can get small bottles of touch up paint from your dealership (for the chip).

Back