LED FOG LIGHTS- Question

Thesssfactor

Queens, Ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
Sedan
I searched for this topic on multiple forums and no one has to this question. So its probably a really stupid question...

Ok I want to install 102 or 120 smd leds on the fogs.

Now I have installed LEDs on my DRLs on my old 8th gen civic. I did a resistor and then plugged 102 smd leds. This led the lost of my high beams and weak drls.

I shortly found out that I should have installed a booster after the resistor and this would have increased the power. Eh you win some and lose some. It was on my old 8th civic lx, didnt really care too much about it.

Now, I want to know if I can just plug 120 smd or 102 smd leds into the factory hardness and
1. No problems will happen? (lines wont burn or plastic will mess up, stupid but could happen)
2. Would I receive an error message in the car?
2a. To fix the error message I would have to install a resistor and then a booster, this will piss me off cause then Im going to have 4 resistors and boosters in my car, plus 2 HID blasters (can you say too much wires, I'm running out of room to hide stuff lol). But would adding the boosters to Fogs increase the bulbs and make them look better?

Im looking to do a 5000k Hids lows, 102 smd leds drl/high and 120 smd led fogs.

The booster is http://www.fricknbrite.com/new-impr...-drl-daytime-running-light-module-1-each.html

And Resistor is http://www.ebay.com/itm/310619463596?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Let me know if Im using the wrong booster, or if I can get it cheaper some where else.

Thanks

Last edited:
I haven't done fog lights, but I would assume that they would be the same as the drls, in that case you would need resistors and boosters if you would like more output, and I'm sure it would be safe to run without any electrical/melting plastic issues.

But then again I'm just speculating. Hopefully someone with more knowledge or has done it already helps you along.

I haven't done fog lights, but I would assume that they would be the same as the drls, in that case you would need resistors and boosters if you would like more output, and I'm sure it would be safe to run without any electrical/melting plastic issues.

But then again I'm just speculating. Hopefully someone with more knowledge or has done it already helps you along.

I read on some Lexus' forums that when they used the v-led boosters that one side was brighter than the other. Anyway to confirm that both side would b around the same brightness?

I know lexus' have a ton of nonsense in their wiring system (resistors, caps and other stuff), I dont think the civic would have this trouble.

I searched for this topic on multiple forums and no one has to this question. So its probably a really stupid question...

Ok I want to install 102 or 120 smd leds on the fogs.

Now I have installed LEDs on my DRLs on my old 8th gen civic. I did a resistor and then plugged 102 smd leds. This led the lost of my high beams and weak drls.

I shortly found out that I should have installed a booster after the resistor and this would have increased the power. Eh you win some and lose some. It was on my old 8th civic lx, didnt really care too much about it.

Now, I want to know if I can just plug 120 smd or 102 smd leds into the factory hardness and
1. No problems will happen? (lines wont burn or plastic will mess up, stupid but could happen)
2. Would I receive an error message in the car?
2a. To fix the error message I would have to install a resistor and then a booster, this will piss me off cause then Im going to have 4 resistors and boosters in my car, plus 2 HID blasters (can you say too much wires, I'm running out of room to hide stuff lol). But would adding the boosters to Fogs increase the bulbs and make them look better?

Im looking to do a 5000k Hids lows, 102 smd leds drl/high and 120 smd led fogs.

The booster is http://www.fricknbrite.com/new-impr...-drl-daytime-running-light-module-1-each.html

And Resistor is http://www.ebay.com/itm/310619463596?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Let me know if Im using the wrong booster, or if I can get it cheaper some where else.

Thanks

This is for your 9th Gen civic?

We just launched our H11 30W XenonDepot LED Fog Light Bulbs, these are rated at 725 lumens which makes them the brightest LED replacement bulbs on the market! They are designed to be a direct replacement to your current H11 bulbs so no additional component is required.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Danny

This is for your 9th Gen civic?

We just launched our H11 30W XenonDepot LED Fog Light Bulbs, these are rated at 725 lumens which makes them the brightest LED replacement bulbs on the market! They are designed to be a direct replacement to your current H11 bulbs so no additional component is required.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Danny

Will look into this... thank you I would still like more info on my other questions.

I am thinking if it would be wiser to have hardware and that plugs into a fixture or an expensive fixture.

Last edited:
102 SMD LED on my car. A higher wattage CREE led will put out much more lumens, like XenonDepot recommended.
IMG_0716-1_zpse754e2c0.jpg

IMG_0706_zpsd4298e2a.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

102 SMD LED on my car. A higher wattage CREE led will put out much more lumens, like XenonDepot recommended.

thanks man, would these higher watt leds work on the drls with an error coming out or would I still have to put a resistor and booster?

I think I might go with the High Watt Leds that you and XenonDepot mention.

Last edited:
DRLs require decoder connection to eliminate error.

Dar-Dar: Ive actually tried out the lights that you show on ebay and they are not very functional at all. They get super hot, require additonal hardware which is not sealed, and given the positioning of the single LED diode the beam pattern is terrible.

Steve

Dar-Dar: Ive actually tried out the lights that you show on ebay and they are not very functional at all. They get super hot, require additonal hardware which is not sealed, and given the positioning of the single LED diode the beam pattern is terrible.

Steve

I agree. I also don't think those bulbs are made by Samsung. I did research on them for a while and I only see them on eBay and eBay like websites.

Last edited:
I think you're looking at around 900-1000. These bulbs are primarily designed to be a cosmetic upgrade.

Steve

Hi,

a 4300k HID kit is rated at approximately 3200 lumens (assuming you're getting quality bulbs).

Steve

So Far for LEDs I found 3 types
One: XenonDepot 30w
Two: Cree 30w
Three: Osram 29w

I researched Cree, they are a us based company that started out of an engineering school (NC one of the best in the us) that bought a led manufacturing plant in Asia.

Ps. I really should do some work @ work.

Back