LED GLOW

LenG

Just installed LED GLOW under seat lights , perfect no problem! . just can't find the right fuse to put It in so that the lights can turn on automaticly when I turn on the car on and turn off when I turn the car off , as of now I have to manually turn the lights on and sometime I forget to turn them off so it's pretty annoying. Any one know anything about which fuses turn on when the car is started

Thanks , I'll check it out tommorow and let you know how it turned out.
Thanks .

#23 is ignition powered as 323 said above.
Thanks for that info, just switched mine to that fuse # now when I turn my car on, the LED glows turn on and stay on the last color I had them. Makes it more exciting to start my car every time now haha oh and night it'll turn some heads when you do it in a parking garage :D

Hey I don't know to much about cars and I have a 2014 Honda Civic Si. I just purchased the LEDGlow 4-piece 7 color lighting kit & the LEDGlow Mini Expandable Circuit & 4 Amp Fuse and I want to install it, but i need some help. Now once I place the LED lights in all the places I want, put the wires together with the Expandable Circuit, place the Expandable Circuit in slot#23, and ground the other wire to something metal i will be done? Sorry if i sound dumb I'm just having a real hard time following the thread even with the tutorial because I'm new to the car thing and somethings are hard to follow.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/3IoAAOSwv-NWVk4K/s-l1600.jpgh
ttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/714DA686IfL._SL1000_.jpg

Hey I don't know to much about cars and I have a 2014 Honda Civic Si. I just purchased the LEDGlow 4-piece 7 color lighting kit & the LEDGlow Mini Expandable Circuit & 4 Amp Fuse and I want to install it, but i need some help. Now once I place the LED lights in all the places I want, put the wires together with the Expandable Circuit, place the Expandable Circuit in slot#23, and ground the other wire to something metal i will be done? Sorry if i sound dumb I'm just having a real hard time following the thread even with the tutorial because I'm new to the car thing and somethings are hard to follow.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/3IoAAOSwv-NWVk4K/s-l1600.jpgh
ttps://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/714DA686IfL._SL1000_.jpg
Yup, that is all there should be to doing it. At least that is all I remember when I did mine.

Yup, that is all there should be to doing it. At least that is all I remember when I did
Yup, that is all there should be to doing it. At least that is all I remember when I did mine.

Ok so I did everything but I don't have a eyelet connector and I have nothing to connect the black wire too but when I put it next to something metal I see the lights turn on what should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I did everything but I don't have a eyelet connector and I have nothing to connect the black wire too but when I put it next to something metal I see the lights turn on what should I do?
Go to a place like autozone. They sell the connectors. Put one on the ground wire and attach it to a grounding screw.

so what if my led light strips are 10amp? would I still be able to plug into fuse 23? since this is only 7.5amp?

That is a good question and one that I have not considered. But after doing a little research, here is what I found. The fuse is meant to "break" when the wire leading to that fuse overheats and prevents a fire. The gauge of the wire directly dictates the size of the fuse; the smaller gauge, the higher the amps it can withstand. Since the 23 slot is slated for 7.5 amps, the wire size could be just 16awg since 7.5 amps is the maximum recommended fuse size for that gauge. It's not the safest thing to do by adding a bigger fuse to a smaller wire but going from 7.5 to 10 shouldn't be that big of a deal. If you want be really safe using a smaller fuse with a smaller gauge, 14awg or 15 amp fuse socket for instance, is the best.

so what if my led light strips are 10amp? would I still be able to plug into fuse 23? since this is only 7.5amp?

I would be shocked if your LED strips were 10amps. That is a ton of power. LEDs should use less power than a traditional bulb. What/where did you get them? If they pull more than the fuse rating, the fuse will blow.

Most LED strips pull like 1-3 watts per FOOT at 12v.

Even a high power or inefficient 3W/ft strip would need to be 4 feet long to pull 1amp at 12v.

10amps would be like 40 feet worth of LED strip. And that would be if all 40feet were run off one circuit.

Here's a link to an 18 piece, or 18 feet worth, of LED strips for a car. In the questions below they say the entire kit pulls less than 1amp of power. Unless you're running 10 of these kits, 180ft of leds!, you are not pulling 10amps. If they are, then you need to buy something else cause that sounds like something is made wrong.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Underglow-Interior-Waterproof-Ultimate-Coverage/dp/B008SMHHRQ

Back