LED Strips

Arthur

I just bought a LED strips thinking that would come already with the plug-in directly to the daylight&high beam, but just came as usual positive and negative. I would just like to know if anyone know how to plug directly to the battery because i don't want to cut nothing because maybe next year i have to trade my civic. Sorry for being noob and knowing nothing about it.

depending on when you want them to come on will dictate how they're wired...
are you wanting them switchable by themselves, or purely to come on with your low beam headlights, or? If you're wanting them to come on with your headlights, you'll have to tap into the actual headlight wiring.

pics of what you bought?

you can't just wire them to the battery, they'd never turn off. You need to tap into the headlight wiring if you want them on all the time while you're driving.

if you're willing to make them work off a switch, you can tap into a power source and then turn them on/off at will. You'd not have to tap into the headlight wiring then if you're worried about that.
290124_RA_Series_Rocker_Switch.jpg

You could get power from the fuse panel under the dash, or from the battery. The switch just lets you kill the power going to the LEDs. Then you just need to hook the other wire up to a ground screw/metal.

Thank you so much for helping me, but maybe I need to wait for some DIY or someone that did. lol

Actuually anything is fine for me, I just wanted something easy and simple because I don't understand that much and I don't want to mess up, lol
thanks a lot, I kinda understand what u mean now...

Webby...I am curious where you got the I/O switch you have pictured above. Is that a Honda part? It looks like it might fit in the left side of the dash on my 2012 Civic EX Coupe where the anti-skid switch, ambient lighting switch and another blank-off plate are located. are located.

no, it's not a honda part. I just did an image search for "toggle switch". You can find stuff like what I posted at radio shack or similar stores. They come in tons of various shapes/sizes.. some are illuminated, and some are not. I'm sure there are similar things on ebay as well.

the item he bought on ebay has some wiring with it... I will look for the fuse panel guide tomorrow (I may have it on another computer). If someone has it handy, feel free to post the fuse #'s for the 9th.

well, here is the interior fuse diagram from the 2012 civic sedan -

fuse.gif

It looks like #27 or #12 could be tapped into - for accessory power. You could use a fuse tap - like shown below
fuse_tap.jpg

running the power line to your LED power, and then grounding to a screw under the dash.

Your wire from the fuse to your led strips in the front of your car will need to run through the firewall into the engine bay. There is a plug hole down at where your left foot rests while driving. What you see below is a pic of where the wire would run (in the pic below - that's a stereo power wire in red running through to the engine bay - that's where your led wire will run)

power.jpg

your line will end up at the top right side of your engine bay -
power1.jpg

from there run the wire along the side of your engine bay up to where your headlights are. I'm not 100% how you're wanting to run the leds, but removing the front bumper would probably be the best choice.

video on bumper removal

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCeXxNhZ_hY

Fuse tap and a switch would be the way to go...IMO.

I like that I can drive over and pick my stuff up and not have to wait for shipping!

Back