Lets Retrofit Some 9th gen UAE Projectors!

View attachment 26041

This is the cutoff, look at the lower step, its really fuzzy and flares up. Plus there's no color, it's really yellow and doesn't have that blue/purple color. This is from about 15 ft away.

I'll post up some better pics when its darker. But in the meantime, I;m guessing it could be the shield. Or could the lens use some spacers? Also, this is with the TSX-R lens.

Does your sheild look like mine from the other page?

The lenses can't be spaced, you'd have to space the whole lens holder from the bowl with washers and a bolt. Mine isn't spaced though.

Try pushing on the center of the shield (GENTLY AT FIRST) through the top with a flat head screwdriver forward towards the lens while its lit up like that.

Yeah same cutoff shields as yours. Just tried that and it doesn't seem to work. I'm wondering if the CBI bulbs have anything to do with it. Heard painting the shields flat black helps the cutoff. Ill post better night pics later. Hopefully works out.

Yeah same cutoff shields as yours. Just tried that and it doesn't seem to work. I'm wondering if the CBI bulbs have anything to do with it. Heard painting the shields flat black helps the cutoff. Ill post better night pics later. Hopefully works out.
Just make sure you do it evenly with heat resistant paint. It gets hotter than 300 degrees around that bulb.

Painting the cutoff shield didn't work either. How far did u bend the shield with the screwdriver?
Not very far at all. Do it gently while its on pointed at the wall and you can see it move. You'll see two planes and you want them to line up as much as possible.

Finally got the cutoff nice and sharp. It's weird, for mine, I had to bed the shield TOWARDS the bulb and not towards the lens. Thanks hotshot for the help. Time to put my headlights back together and finish this retro.

Finally got the cutoff nice and sharp. It's weird, for mine, I had to bed the shield TOWARDS the bulb and not towards the lens. Thanks hotshot for the help. Time to put my headlights back together and finish this retro.
I was gonna say you could go either way, but I figured you'd figure it out once you started messing with it.
Pics of the results?

You're probably gonna be the first one with the retrofit all together and installed. I was gonna put em on tomorrow but I ordered LED bulbs and resistors last minute, so I gotta wait for those.

Did you end up getting TSX-R glass?

Yeah, ended up with the TSX-R lens. There's actually a big difference between the OEM lens and the TSX-R lens in terms of output; TSX-R is a lot better. Just got back from out of town, will finish up in a couple of days and will post pics.

hotshot...one more question for you. I have the 3 pin version of the part no. #04321-S5A-306. Which one is the negative terminal and which one is the parking light? I'm going to use the corner light as a parking light only with the stock clear bulb that came with the headlights.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
hotshot...one more question for you. I have the 3 pin version of the part no. #04321-S5A-306. Which one is the negative terminal and which one is the parking light? I'm going to use the corner light as a parking light only with the stock clear bulb that came with the headlights.
I'm not sure, i havent finished my harness yet, but I'm gonna assume its exactly the same as the stock bulb. If you're only gonna use the corners as parking lights and not turn signals, you'll only have to wire up the hot and the ground.

I'm not sure, i havent finished my harness yet, but I'm gonna assume its exactly the same as the stock bulb. If you're only gonna use the corners as parking lights and not turn signals, you'll only have to wire up the hot and the ground.

Cool, I saw that you had the same 3 pin connector and thought you figured it out already. I thought I figured it out, but the DIY had a 2 pin connector and just threw me off.

Cool, I saw that you had the same 3 pin connector and thought you figured it out already. I thought I figured it out, but the DIY had a 2 pin connector and just threw me off.
Some lights have 2pin corners, some lights have 3pin corners. I happened to get one of each.

Finally some progress

J3Plt3b.jpg

Looks good. Have u put them back into the housing yet? When putting them back in and screwing them down, the shield bends a little and throws the cutoff off a bit. Mine was perfect but when I screwed in and all was said and done, the cutoff was blurry. So maybe compensate a bit.

Looks good. Have u put them back into the housing yet? When putting them back in and screwing them down, the shield bends a little and throws the cutoff off a bit. Mine was perfect but when I screwed in and all was said and done, the cutoff was blurry. So maybe compensate a bit.
That's all buttoned up and installed on the car. I need to align them a little though

Back