Looks like installer damage or flaking?

FreeSamples

Hey guys, I recently noticed some paint chips on my wheels. I contacted tire rack which is where I bought them from about warranty coverage and they looked at the photos I provided and came to the conclusion that it's installer damage. I got these installed at a shop about a month ago and noticed no damage at all. I inspected the wheels very carefully after they were installed and also clean them about once a week with a microfiber wash mit and car wash soap then dry them off with a microfiber towel. However while I was cleaning I noticed the paint flakes. What does it look like to you guys? Haven't had any wheel maintenance done so I'm positive it's not an install damage like tire rack says.

Attachments

• IMG_1126.JPG
    IMG_1126.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1127.JPG
    IMG_1127.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1128.JPG
    IMG_1128.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
what brand wheels are these? did you have the center caps installed? looks like the finish got chipped from the center caps.

the finish on cheap wheels is not so great. my bronze avid 1's got scratched pretty good during mounting.

They're enkei rpf1. Never had center caps on them. According to tire rack they look like mounting/balancing damage. Supposedly there are equipment put inside those holes. But like I said, I haven't done any of that and did not have these marks when I had them installed. They don't bother me too much because I can put center caps and block them but really disappointed how they're flaking already. I just hope they don't flake on the outside.

So now tire rack is saying it looks to be damage from wheel balancing that can cause paint flakes over time. So they are blaming America Tire for the damage since that is where I got my wheels balanced.

I mean.. you could just touch the paint up and throw center caps on. Not like you'd see it after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mean.. you could just touch the paint up and throw center caps on. Not like you'd see it after.

Yeah I said that in my previous post. Just hoping that doesn't happen on the outside. I would think they'd have a better way of balancing using protective equipment to avoid damages. I just don't want to use center caps because they get stolen where I live way too often. But I'll give it a try.

I'd still touch them up to prevent further flaking. See if there are some universal caps on eBay.

Back