lowered issues

keven lincks

Ok so who has scratches on the bottom of there front bumper. I do. What would you all suggest touch up paint because it is going to happen again or get some Kevlar shoulder pads and tape them to the bottom.

Could you raise the car a little or would that make little sense with your setup?

my advice .it what i do (dont get too close to de cars on front and never , never , never get too close too the end of any parking ( wawa , shoprite, cvs, riteaid, banks and est, est , est ) if you know what i mine ... hope work for you too...

I am only down a 1.5 inch most of the people on here have more like 2. It has only happened once I got bit by some weird bug and was drowsy backed out of a parking spot to tight and the curd was a 90 degree angle so my right corner bottom scratched the bottom of the bumper no biggy you cannot even really notice it is just that first scratch on the pretty new car that drives you nuts.

So you are lowered, right? You could raise the car but that makes n sense, the car was lowered for a reason, right? But I have found that lowering the car brings the ground closer to the underbelly of the car. Oil pan, entire exhaust system, forget the mud flaps, they're toast. It's just that annoying metal vs. asphalt sounds over speed bumps and driveway aprons that takes some getting used to. You will too. No big deal.

I am only down a 1.5 inch most of the people on here have more like 2. It has only happened once I got bit by some weird bug and was drowsy backed out of a parking spot to tight and the curd was a 90 degree angle so my right corner bottom scratched the bottom of the bumper no biggy you cannot even really notice it is just that first scratch on the pretty new car that drives you nuts.
1.5 it not so low you are lucky could be worst

I would measure the distance from the bottom of the lip to the ground and then not drive over anything higher than that.

I did the same thing dropped same amount, caught a belgian block curbing (standing on end) as I came into the last spot on the right side of a lot. Horrible sound, and had to back down of it and hear it again.

Do the home-depot style lip. It'll help take the hit instead of the underside of your bumper. It also gives you a little warning of scrapeage before you get too far over something.

The bottom of my front bumper is scraped to **** at stock height. You literally can't tell though unless you're under the car. I'm going lower + front lip "soon" so I'm gonna have to be extra careful :giggle:

I have the dyno blue color you can not tell on the bottom just on the curve to the upper because it was a angled curb. touch up paint to the rescue.

"home depot lip" that he was mentioning -

ftQTbh.jpg

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/ezlip-review-lx-sedan.5414/

"ez lip" is an actual brand, but it's essentially a rubber garage door seal. You can buy a rubber/foam garage door piece at home depot or any home store. Peel the adhesive strip and apply.

Line it up, peel, stick, trim. It's seriously that easy. I know a few people have drilled and installed screws with washers or rivets to hold it but a lot of people have gotten away with just the adhesive. You can always add some 3m automotive tape or another glue along the glue line.

Back