lowering springs worry

CNelms

recently got a used set of H&R springs for my 2 door, not installed yet. My car does have subs in the back and it appears to have dropped the back a good amount, sits about .5 a inch lower then the front. I am afraid that i will be wasting my money if i got out and get new shocks and everything. Is this a issue with how low the back is already. Doesn't seem right but i guess it could be the weight causing it and i am afraid it will look really bad if i add the springs

How heavy is ur sub? Like insane heavy? I’ve carried some heavy loads in my trunk before and never noticed any sagging.

its a 10 inch apline rype R. of courss they may not be the issie im not sure

went to check real fast. front from top of the fender to the ground 26.50 rear is 26.25

I don’t think that should make ur suspension sag that much if at all. If u can take the sub out for a before and after...

Also keep in mind the top of the rear wheel well is not as high as the front wheel well. It's for aerodynamics or some fancy science ****. So the fact that it's only 1/4" lower overall would seem to be about par for the course. I'm lowered on truhart springs myself.

if the springs drop 2.5/3 that is my worry. my rear would be about a inch lower then

best i can really do with the cr-z in the way
_storage_3529-47E9_DCIM_Camera_20170520_123633.JPG_zpsbkg6raye.jpg

Last edited:
i know the 2.5/3 is a bit crazy i didnt mean that exactly but i thought the rear was rated lower guess i was wrong there

Last question lol. Does the ride of the car feel a little rougher then usual? It doesn't look like its sagging to me but it might be the angles. I'd say just install the springs.

from the pic outside at first glance I thought you had vents on your hood.

Just put in the new and see how it is. It'll either be better or the same, at least then you'll know it wasn't/was the springs.

it rides like i feel it should but only 9thcivic ive been in had a 8th before. no popping or anything from it car feels and acts fine. any suggestions on springs? wanting comfort over track its only a daily. was looking at koni yellows but wasnt to sure

koni's take custom fab work to install, but redshiftmotorsports does it. Truhart makes aftermarket struts/shocks that bolt right in for the 9th gen. People have said they were pleased with them mated to various aftermarket springs.

270 for a set of shocks. not to bad. truhart sounds like a good contender

I'm on truhart springs with stock shocks. The ride is obviously a bit stiffer, but not uncomfortable. I personally like the way they feel. Waiting on the shocks until the factory shocks go bad.

Back