Lowest offset without rolling fenders

Janz3n

Gibsons BC
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
Looking at getting new rims. I want to stay with the original tire size 225/40/18. Rim width anywhere from 8-8.5. Probably lowering about 2 inches with no aftermarket arms for camber ( unless I have to ?)

What's the lowest offset I can go without having to roll my fenders? Don't want to run a lot of camber either.

It's going to depend on the width, so you have to decide that first.
On a 8" you can probably go +35
On 8.5" you probably want to go higher.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks. Why do most people run 17s? I wanted to stay 18 to reuse my current tires but I'm having a hard time finding a good spec 18 in Canada.

Cheaper/lighter? I wouldn’t say more run 17’s on the si though.

Really not sure what to do. Trying to purchase off a Canadian site so shipping is free but my options arent that great. My car is black and I'm not a big fan of black rims.
Looking at a set of Konig oversteer 18x8 they come in +35 and +45.
Colours for the +35 are only opal or black.
Colours for +45 are white as well as the other two. I'm not looking for super flush but wanted to get as little offset as I could but I'd rather have white than opal or black.

Need opinions .

I had 18x8’s +35 on my si at one point lowered on sk2 springs and i never ever rubbed. Another .5 wider and I would’ve had to roll or pull my fenders but nothing extreme.

5C2400B9-88E0-44A0-A0B5-1A4E312BDDD1.jpeg

Looks good my only problem is my colour choices for that offset are opal or black. I'm leaning towards opal.

20190403-161452.jpg

Does anyone use forums anymore? Needs more camber and a little more low .
Went with xxr 531 18x8.5 +35. Found them for cheaper than any other rims I liked.

20190403-161452.jpg

Does anyone use forums anymore? Needs more camber and a little more low .
Went with xxr 531 18x8.5 +35. Found them for cheaper than any other rims I liked.
What tire size? Any rubbing?

20190404-123041.jpg

Adjusted front camber all the way with one camber bolt per side. Adjusted rear by eye ( 3 turns from stock specs. Looks around -2 maybe). Hammered front fender liner tabs ( put a dent in one side and I'm a little pissed at myself .) .Drove around my work parking lot doing fast turns and didn't rub. Not sure if I'll have time to set the toe today .tires size is stock 225/40 .

Do u plan on hitting an alignment rack? Also were you rubbing before u worked your fenders?

Yes. I'm a mechanic .just need to find the time to do an alignment, probably end up doing one tomorrow at lunch.

Never tried to drive it before hitting the front fender tabs in.

20190404-165411.jpg

Did a quick 20 minute alignment. I've got the new style heads that secure to the tires instead of the rims which made it hard to put them on being lowered. Only adjusted the right read camber to make it close to even with the left .Didn't have enough time for the front camber. It was good enough.

Took the bumpier way home and no rubbing .

Back