M&M Intake Scoop?

Chuckable

Has anyone seen something like this for the 9th gen Si?

ImageFromDB.php

Here's a link for a discussion for the 8th gen. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/introduction-pictures/124083-m-m-scoop-installed.html

Very expensive but looks like it could be replicated for a lot less if you have the know how. The 8th and 9th gen OEM intake systems are very similar, with the 9th gen fresh air intake being located between the battery and fender. This means that it essentially breathes in engine compartment air. I wonder if something like this would make much of a difference, especially with Vit saying that he's only see maybe a 4hp gain on the best intake.

You can just pull the intake resonator to start. It would draw air from much lower down.

That's true, you could also fab something up that works exactly like this piece.

You should have some extra piping left over from the resonator delete that you could point forward towards the foglight opening. Essentially the icebox style intake.

I took a look at the stock resonator set-up this weekend, and Nix is right that you could just remove a portion of the factory resonator set-up to draw cooler air from the void behind the driver side fog light. But, I don't think you could use the remnants of the factor resonator set-up to make a fresh air duct because the bends are just not in the right orientation. It looks like a fairly simple duct to fabricate, but I would make a mess of it if I tried.

Reactions: Nix
This is an awesome idea. There has to be someone that can make something like that. I would say I could, BUT in reality, will make it nothing like the pic (or even usable haha).

Maybe using a PVC 90 degree pipe elbow and shoot it towards the front fog light. Not as cool as the M&M unit, but should do the job.

Yup, there are many ways to fabricate something. A quick search online for fog light intakes will turn up all sorts of interesting set ups.

I checked with a local race car shop, and they were going to charge around $450 to fabricate something nice. Needless to say I didn't go that route!

Aluminum. I'm sure it would've looked great, but the price was simply too high. You can get any intake for the 9th gen for less than $450.

I'm going to take my bumper off this weekend and look around to see what is all involved with making a snorkle.

Back