Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

CivicDew

Southern Ohio
I've seen more punches thrown during a 5 min girl fight. People paid a crap ton of money to watch a man run a marathon. I know they are in tremendous shape but they didn't even seem tired. How many people did Mayweather pay off this time??? Glad I watched it on a live stream for free.

mayweather-pacquiao.jpg

What was he supposed to do stand around and get hit? Sorry but Pacquiao never had a chance. When your fighting someone of either of their skill level you don't stand around and try to have a punching match with them. That and a lot of Mayweather's movement was to force Manny to come at him, because Mayweather is really good at countering and also to prevent Manny from getting into a groove or combo because once he gets going he is hard to stop. It may look like pain running around to us, but there's a reason for it.

Lol I heard Mayweather gets 15 million per round on top of the 180m he gets for showing up. He made sure he got every penny.

Was a good technical fight which ends up being boring for the people......

Mayweather's style is just that hard to get through. Only Maidana was able to land very effective punches through his defense. And I didn't expect much from Pacquiao since he is an aggressor who takes it easy against counter punchers (except Marques).

Anyways. Who saw the Burger King mascot and Ellen Degeneres walk to the ring with Mayweather?
472025554.jpg

Mayweather's style is just that hard to get through. Only Maidana was able to land very effective punches through his defense. And I didn't expect much from Pacquiao since he is an aggressor who takes it easy against counter punchers (except Marques).

Anyways. Who saw the Burger King mascot and Ellen Degeneres walk to the ring with Mayweather?
472025554.jpg
Looks like the Beiber in the background.

:popcorn:
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/28982315/lawsuit-filed-against-pacquiao-over-shoulder-injury

LAS VEGAS -- Manny Pacquiao is being named in a lawsuit that was filed in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas on Tuesday morning. The suit seeks damages because Pacquiao failed to disclose his shoulder injury before the fight with Floyd Mayweather.

The potential class action lawsuit was filed on behalf of Staphane Vanel and Kami Rahbaran, who live in Clark County. According to the suit, the plaintiffs relied on misrepresentations and non-disclosures when purchasing tickets or pay per view showings and wagering on the Mayweather - Pacquiao fight.

They are seeking as much as $5 million in damages. The suit also names Bob Arum, Top Rank Inc., Michael Koncz, Todd Duboef and possible unknown defendants.

Former heavyweight champion Roy Jones, Jr. says people who paid for the fight by way of Pay-Per-View or by purchasing tickets should get their money back.

"The lawsuit makes sense. What people are saying is that they are devastated. They paid all of this money, and you (speaking of Manny Pacquiao) came here and you're not ready,” Jones said.

The lawsuit claims Pacquiao signed paperwork saying he was injury-free. Jones, a commentator, had one of the best seats in the room during one of the most anticipated fights in history.

"I did not notice anything wrong with his shoulder," said Jones.

World Boxing Champion Jessie Vargas was also ringside at Saturday's big match. Vargas boxes under Top Rank, Pacquiao's promoter and he admitted to not disclosing every injury prior to his own fights.

"As a fighter you don't want to list injuries you don't have to list because if you say you have a cut, and you put it down, you are afraid that someway, somehow that's going to leak out to your opponent, and you don't want that to happen,” Vargas said.

In a joint statement released by Pacquiao's team and Top Rank Promotions, they said they “disclosed the injury to the commission a few hours before he (Pacquiao) was expected to step into the ring, but when Manny's doctors began the process, the Nevada State Athletic Commission stopped the treatment."

Jones said, if that's the case, Pacquiao shouldn't have complained about the injury after the fight to begin with. Jones said the fight is like the Super Bowl, so boxers have to put in their best efforts.

“If Tom Brady isn't playing and they're playing the Seattle Seahawks, I'm not going to watch that because the Seahawks are going to blow them away. So, tell me if you're hurt so that I won't pay my money," Jones said.

8 News NOW reached out for comment on the lawsuit from both Pacquiao and Mayweather's camps. Pacquiao's promoter Top Ranks says it's not commenting on the matter.

We never heard from Mayweather promotions. The Nevada State Athletic Commission said it's investigating.

Sounds like a stupid lawsuit just to make some sort of cash at the end of it all. Too bad they won't win.

Back